1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Rock River or Bushmasters AR-15 ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by concordefamily, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

I brought the topic of AR-15s up a couple of months ago (bewar of BRD - "Black Rifle Disease")and I am starting to get the "itch" again.

Can somebody please let me know the "pros" and "cons" of each?

I know current BR owners on ts.com can give me better insight than the 24 year old at the gun store!

2. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Well they are both good guns. I have owned Bushmasters in the past and never had a single problem with them. Rock River is newer then Bushmaster in the AR game but from what I have seen are doing a very good job at it. I guess it depends on what you want from an AR. If its just a plinker buy the one that is cheaper. If your wanting a varmit gun I have been told the Rock River has a better trigger. They use a 2 stage trigger they call their national match trigger which I believe is standard on their rifles. If your wanting a rifle to shoot 3 gun etc then I would really look at POF rifles http://www.pof-usa.com/POF-USA%20PRODUCTS.htm . They are a bit more money but you also get a lot more rifle. You also get a much more reliable rifle. They do not use the gas tube design like typical AR guns. They use a system like the new HK416 based on the FAL design. It uses the gas to drive a piston that pushes the bolt. They also do not require lube. Read about them, they are pretty impressive. Its on my shopping list!

Dave

3. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

The AR has come a long way in the pass couple of years The biggest thing that you should know is that the rifle is chamber in 5.56 nato and not just in 223 this because if you have it in 223 you are not suppose to shoot mulitry ammo in it the 223 has a short lead and cause higher chamber pressure.the 5.56 can shoot either without any problem also the other is to know what twist or rifling 1-9 to 1-8 for heavy bullets or 1-12 for lite ones out side of that there are alot of fine AR out there 1-9 is about the best for all round.

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Take a look here.

5. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Unfortunately :
    you have decided to enter the AR-15 market at a time some us liken to a famine. There seems to be a huge backlog of both parts , ammunition and magazines regadless of brand , So your choice may be dictated as much by availability as Brand name

As to your question, Both Rock river and Busmaster are high quality . Right now a RRA may be near impossible to aquire. Another quality brand is Stag Arms,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.