1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Remote Start-what's the best

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RobertT, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If the company is still in the hands of the original owner then Viper is very good. If the company has been sold along with its trademark then beware. Viper originally was the best on the market.

Robert

2. JRW

JRW Member

My wife has Valet in the Yukon XL it has been very good to us. Had it installed in 2003 still working very well. Jerry in MI.

3. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

I have the viper, and it works nice at my house. The onbly problem I have is when I am at the office or hospital and the radiology rooms keep the signal from getting through. I heard ther eis now an application for the iphone that will allow you to start a car anywhere in the united states as it uses the cellular phone system. Might be something to look into if you have the iphone.

Bill

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I had remotes on both vehicles when we lived in North Dakota. They were Astro Start brand. They were $300 to $400 installed as I recall. The local car stereo shop put them in. No problems with them in the 10 years we used them.

Jim Skeel

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Had 2 vipers over 10 years,,,no problems,,,sugestion,,,call this number,1-800-274-0200,,they will give you the local installer,,,,dont recomend self install,,,,check the place out,,,the units are good,,,,but a bad install lasts forever

6. mark54

mark54 Member

I have a Bulldog on my Tahoe for 5 years now & it works great.

Mark54 in Lititz

7. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

IF you have a newer GM vehicle you can get them installed at your dealer for $270. It is a factory remote start, I just put one on my Yukon and my duramax.

8. 8708

8708 Member

Thanks guys. This unit will go on an 09 Honda Accord. Checking with a couple of installers it appears the cost of the unit is only a start. There is a good chance that extra parts and lobor will be involved with any of them to bypass existing security and key chip modules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.