1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Remington VTR

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kevin525, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin525

Kevin525 TS Member

Do any of you people out there know anything about the Remington VTR in a 223 caliber? Your help would be appreciated.

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

It's a Bushmaster, made for Remington. The ones I've seen are A3 tops, and all are camo-colored.

Bushmaster and Remington are both owned by Cerberus. Remmmy wanted an AR15 platform, and they wouldn't need to re-tool. Bushmaster's excess capacity is taken up, and Remington gets a new gun for their catalog.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Thats the R15 VTR. There are different models called VTR. Which are you reffering too?

4. Kevin525

Kevin525 TS Member

VTR bolt action

5. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Thats the model 700 VTR. I dont have one, but will before too long. They look good and they are a remington. Cant really go wrong with that setup.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have the Remington R15, and it's an excellent gun. Quite accurate.<br>
    <br>
    Instead of the VTR bolt action, you might look into the Savage Predator Hunter. I bought one for my son in 223 for his high school graduation. Here's a photo of Sean with his Predator Hunter and a young coyote he shot last summer. Sean called his shot and hit this coyote, which was trotting at 175 yards out, right where he said he would - behind the ear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.