1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Red Skelton

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Haskins Bill, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

This is so unbelievable. In 1969, how did he know?

Some of you may remember him but he passed away before many of you were born. Red Skelton was a good & funny man. He also ended every show by saying, "GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS." Listen to the end of this. It is something he said 39 years ago.

Very important that you listen to the very end! Eerie! Take a moment and listen to it (from 1969). How would he have known that this is what is happening?

Click on the link, and turn your sound on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfz2XDXaeqc

FOR THE FEW WHO DON'T KNOW: Red Skelton was a movie star and comedian on television back in the 1950s. He created a number of characters, and his show was watched by millions..

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

This should make it easier.

Eric

3. thespan

thespan TS Member

Bill and Eric,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It is indeed, eerie and prophetic.

God's richest blessings to you and all of us!

Peter Greenspan

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Red Skelton.........One of the greats!

I was in Korea in 57-58 and he came over with the USO to put on some shows for us servicemen and women.

He had just lost his 13 year old son to leukemia about a couple of weeks before he came........but he cared enough to still come.

I had always liked him when I listened to him on the radio as a boy, but he made me a lifelong fan of his when he came to Korea and entertained us.

Most people don't know, but Red was considered a "genius" with a very high IQ.

Another little known fact.......he wrote a lot of music and was also a painter.

Check "Red Skelton"

Hauxfan!

5. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

I was at a gun show a couple of weekends ago and a fellow there was selling some pocket watches that he claimed came from Red Skelton’s collection.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I remember as a kid watching Red "Skeleton". It wasn't until I got older that I found out his name was Skelton. My parents must have thought it was funny, because they never corrected me. Anyway, I really enjoyed his show. A real family show. Never thought about it, but I wonder if his shows are on DVD? Be much more entertaining than the garbage on TV now.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Easier still.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfz2XDXaeqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfz2XDXaeqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

When I attended college at Vincennes University, the house he grew up in was just next door. People would come and ask, the people living there, if they could look at the house. It was pretty cool that people are still interested in him after so many years.

ec90t

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I needed that and the country needs more like him. Thanks for posting this.

I was born in 1952 and watched many of his shows. Red was a good man and patriot.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I can't open the Utube link because of a security restriction, could someone please post the text here?

11. tomward

tomward TS Member

I spent many hours whatching him as a child. Mom and Dad never did have to wonder what we were watching on TV. He was the only entertainer I ever saw that could make you laugh or cry just telling a story. Safe to say there will never be another like him. Tom Ward

12. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

Kind of makes you wonder why Obama won't salute the flag, were a lapel pin with the flag on it. And from what I understand had the flag removed from his planes tail. How devoted to our country is he?

13. RickA

RickA Member

Guys I'm a youngster (43) compared to most who remember on of the greatest comedians this country has ever known, but I challenge anyone to ever watch the show "A Red Slelton Christmas" and do it with a dry eye. This was one of the things I always looked forward to growing up and even as an adult waited in anticipation to watch this show every Christmas.
    Sadly I dont see it anymore and its to bad because many future generations are going to grow up never knowing what a truly wonderful man he really was and how funny comedy really could be
    Rick

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Me too (thinking his name was "Skeleton" watched him every week as a kid. None better. Had a huge heart.

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

He was a kind and funny person that had a great deal of insight. Into human nature

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hoosier, No thanks needed. I served willingly, just as my son does now.

As I am fond of saying, I wouldn't do it again for a million dollars.............but I wouldn't take a million dollars for the experiences I had..........

Aslo, count me in as one who used to think his name was Skeleton too, when I was a youngster.........Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.