1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--Rattlesnake ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

OT---Would you believe there are Rattlesnakes in N.J.--???SJB---

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Yep,,,,and I would bet most are elected officials....lol

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Rattlesnake ???

George, the Sanctuary is loaded with them. State and Pinelands commision shut down building there cause of the rattlesnake dens that litter the area. Good luck Chuck Hrosik By the way bigdog, Christie is doing a good job cutting wasteful spending here

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Chuck---ARE you serious???Hope they are all visiting the DENS---GL---George

6. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Yes I am George. Rattlesnake dens in the backyards of million dollar homes. All the homeowners raised a big fuss about 10 years ago so the state came in and declared it protected land. The Timber Rattlesnake is on the endangered species list. People there just have to watch their step. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

7. porky

porky TS Member

There are rattlers in NY near Lake George in the Adirondack Mts. It gets well below zero there. There is a place outside of Amsterdam NY that used to have a rattle snake hunt every year. Go to Syracuse, the big swamp there is home to many rattlers. I'm sure that there are rattlers in almost every state in the union.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

We got rattlers down here in Fla. too. And some of them, are even on the trap line. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

A few months ago I was surprised as hell to see a news broadcast that you have black bears in Jersey. Bears in New Jersey? Kinda of surprising to me. I guess if you have bears why not rattlers?

I'm pretty damn sure there hasn't been any bear in Indiana for 150 plus years or so. Rattlers? I've never seen one, but they say we have timber rattlers. Now copperheads are a dime a dozen. See em all the damn time.

10. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

There are rattlers all over NY State. Cicero in the swamp by the NY grounds, on 390 by Corning they had to shut down a rest area last year and put in special trash cans. The snakes were getting into the cans and suprising the folks dumping their trash.

I think they were here before we were. You don't bother them they won't bother you. PS Do the snakes know this?

11. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

There are rattlesnakes (real ones) all over Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. In particular, anywhere along the upper stretches of the Delaware River, which is the NewJersey/PA/New York border, snakes are much too common. One of my colleagues grew up in Deposit, New York, which is right on the West Branch. He lost so many dogs to ratttlesnake that his family gave up on having one.

12. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Speaking of black bear, the 2010 hunting season now includes black bear in NJ.

13. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

I best be going north don't like those rattlers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.