1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT / Rabbits and mothballs ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rscotty, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rscotty

rscotty TS Member

I tried the mothball thing along with other recommendations and a live trap. None of these worked for me. The best solution I've found is a 1000 FPS air gun.

2. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

I agree with rscotty, moth balls don't work all that well. We put them out to deter rabbits and ground hogs from eating some snap dragons and the day after we put them out the rest of the snap dragons were gone. Save yourself the time and money and just pop em and get a few free meals outta the deal.
    avid

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Have you thought about little Elmer Fudd dolls dressed up to go wabbit hunting?

Yeah your probably right, the rabbits are two smart to fall for that ... its duck season not rabbit season.

4. porky

porky TS Member

Sammie, The best way to keep them away is with an electric fence about 8 inches off the ground. In fact, every critter will not venture past the fence because critters only see 2 dimensional and can't see the wire. Deer, dogs, cats, etc will walk into it and never know what hit them, but they will never go back and try to get past the fence again. This I guarantee. And the electric fence charger is the kind that you would use for cattle or horses, not a fence you would hook a 120 volt line to directly.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

How many moths do you have to catch in oder to have enuff to keep those pesky wabbits away?

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

We bought a 32 oz bottle of Liquid Fence "Deer & Rabbit Repellent" and mixed it according to instructions and sprayed it on our plants and have had no more problems with the bunnies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.