1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Question on selling a S & W model 29.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bopper, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I have an early style Smith & Wesson model 29 that I am planning on selling. Great condition with less than a box of shells though it. My question is this.
    I'm not an FFL holder, so obviously I MUST ship to an FFL holder. What shipping carriers are best / legal for shipping a handgun? Many thanks. Bob

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Big, I have shipped many through the Post Office without any trouble, but all handguns need to be sent "overnight". Do you already have a buyer for your 29?

Steve

3. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

No. I haven't listed it yet. I just wanted to make sure I didn't end up in one of those cool orange jumpsuits!

4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I have recently sold a gun to an out of state purchaser, and for a modest fee my FFL boxed it up, insured it and shipped it. It was a no muss no fuss affair for me. How old is your model 29, and how much are you asking? If Kolardude is not interested, I may be. Thank you, Rodbuster.

5. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Let me get the information on it when I get home tonight. I also have a model 19 that I will need to sell. It's been used more than the 29, but both are nice clean Smiths. I have the original box for the 19. Thanks, Bob

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Out of curiousity, where are you located? I am located in Illinois. If you have any pics, you can send them to my e-mail above. Thanks again, Rodbuster.

7. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Hey Rodbuster: I'm in Dallas, TX. I'll bring them in tomorrow and fire some photos your way. Thanks, Bob

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Bob,29 pinned and recessed??? Barrel length?---Thanks, Steve

9. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I have pics available now. Drop me a note with any questions. Thanks, Bob
    Drop the XXX's on email.

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

after you sell it, you'll miss it and wish you still had it...

11. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I Know this for sure If you sell a long gun to a buyer out of state you must send it to a FFL ( Dealer ) IF you sell a Handgun to a person out of state it Must be sent by a FFL dealer in your Home state to a FFL dealer in the buyers state..... Period...

12. vaguru

vaguru Member

I have a 1973 vintage 29-2, 6 1/2" blue in presentation wood box with tools and paperwork in original shipping carton. It is recessed and pinned. The only change from factory is the red insert on the front sight was replaced with a brass insert. Action was tuned for a single action pull of 2 1/2 lbs, double action 8lbs. Condition is 95%+. Would like to get $650 for package plus shipping, dealer costs.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm in Dallas too Bopper...what are you looking to get for it..money wise or for trading for a certain special other gun?? I have a bunch of trap and sporting guns I'm moving along ..let me know

14. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Not to change the subject. Those 29s were a good gun .

Joe Woods/Ontario

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have a rare "bicolor" Model 29. It was made in 1968. Barrel is 6-1/2". It's called a "bicolor" because the frame is nickeled, but the barrel and cylinder are blue. I have a factory letter showing it was ordered this way. (Some collectors call these "two-tones".)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.