1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Question on Honda Snowblower

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 548, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 548

548 Guest

I shoot trap. No money left for a two thousand dollar Honda snowblower. :)

2. moserag

moserag Member

Probably not. A standard bolt is usually grade 5. Shear bolts are softer. I would definitely not try it.
    Dave

3. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just use black iron metric bolts with ny-lock nuts on my Honda HS928.Honda dealer sells both OEM & black for .27 each.Nuts are .22 each.For some strange reason I`ve only sheared the right side bolt.I replace 1 or 2 each winter.I can`t afford not to have a Honda snowblower...KS-OKIE.

4. greendrake

greendrake Member

I know that hide sight is 20 20 but I have the largest honda snowblower on wheels and I bought 25 sets of sheer bolts just cuz. I bought them online from somewhere near Dallas. I live near Buffalo, NY I have two blowers. My advice would be to order a bunch from somewhere and have them overnighted. I know its high but the snowblower was $2500 and the sheer pins are there for a reason. Good Luck and if you have to shovel by hand take your time and be careful. If YOU breakdown "she who must be obeyed" will be unhappy with you. If its bad enough call a snow plow truck. Again good luck. Russ

5. ORG

ORG Member

You can take a "regular" bolt that will fit, and cut part of the bolt shaft with a hack saw or sawsall. Experiment with the depth of cut and you will be fine.

6. KS-OKIE

The OEM bolts I have are stamped 8.The black ones are stamped 8.8 Being so thin,I can`t believe it would make much difference.Am I on the right track here ?....KS-OKIE

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jeeze, the last thing you should do is scrimp on a shear pin/bolt. It's not like you're going to go through a dozen a season. If you twist a drive shaft or snap a gear, it will cost you BIG TIME.

Jb

8. KS-OKIE

John:When I bought my snowblower I asked if there was anything other than Honda oil I should keep on hand for it.Thats when they told me about the sheer pin/bolts.I bought two dozen each of the bolts and nuts.Some plated,some black .All the ny-lock nuts are plated.I know my local Honda Equipment Dealer is on Honda`s outdoor power equipments national advisory board so I doubt he would steer me in the wrong direction on such a small item.I looked today at the 3 sets of bolts that came in the new parts/tool kit with the manuel and those are stamped with a 8.I bought the tracked HS928.I can climb stairs with it so beside drives and walks I can also clear decks.My neighbors repay me with ice cold 12 packs of bud.Enjoy your playtime in the snow...John

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Snow, what is snow?

10. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

320090T

Care to ask that question in Indiana today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.