1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Question for Harley owners------

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Chauncy, you are 100% right on the china junk. If you want a 10% discount on all Harley parts buy thru Chicago HD.

George

2. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

"The prices are just too high for the things I want at the stealerships"

You do know that the HD stands for Hundred Dollars?

PG

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Almost anything you want on EBAY. There are several sellers that sell thousands of items every day for less than Harley ( more than 10% off) You can buy Kuryakn on there also and their stuff is better than Harley.

4. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

for genuine harley parts try Maronys in NY. many independent bike shops here on the east coast use them to source their o.e. needs. 1-800-fast-hog (or as I prefer, 1-800-farting !!). Bob

5. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Not real sure what you are looking for, but try the site above.

Gary

6. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

Oh, and by the way, ask any Harley tech worth a damn, after work of course, about kuryakin stuff, and we'll all tell you the stuff is the crappiest of crap. Bob

7. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

CALL BENJI'S HARLEY IN HUNTINGTON WEST VA & ASK FOR JENNI IN PARTS 1-304-523-1340 , SHE WILL GIVE YOU 20% OFF ON PARTS OVER THE PHONE & NET.
    www.benjishd.com
    GOOD LUCK
    JR

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Hales HD in Toledo, OH will give you 20% off over the phone.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Surdyke Harley also gives 20% discount on genuine HD parts by internet shopping. You don't need to ask. It's already figured in. I also agree with dragonbob that kuryakin parts are mostly JUNK. I myself also don't care for Drag Specialty stuff either.

10. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Large motorcycle parts dealer in little 'ol Anamosa, IA called J&P Cycles. Don't know much about them (so don't flame me:) other than they deal all over US & Internationally. Just trying to offer another idea. Link above.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

why the pool of oil under a Harley?

He's just marking his spot.

HM

12. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

God knows I wouldn't want to spoil anyones day! But I can't help but wonder what HD's top management was doing recently when visiting a factory and Tech Center in Mexico. Hmmm?

Shoot well,

Jim

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

We all know what a H-D and a puppy dog have in common! Lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

ec90t

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I now know why HD riders wear black, hides the oil spots.

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Carefull guys, your jealousy's showing.

16. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

It's so easy to tell which guys own Harleys and which ones wish they did.

17. ec90t

ec90t Guest

'2001,

I have ridden motorcycles for the better part of thirty years. I have ridden everything under the sun including H-D's. I have never rode a H-D and when I stopped said I've got to have one.

There are three things that a proper motorcycle has to do: Out run the neighbors minivan, Stop harder than a minivan, and last but not least handle better than a minivan! I haven't found a Harley that can do all three. Although Erik Buell is getting close.

ec90t

18. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

There are 2 kinds of motorcyclers. Those that have a Harley and those that want one. LOL

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Well ec90T,
    I must say that if YOU can't outrun the neighbors minivan on a HD and you cannot stop a HD faster than the neighbors minivan and last but not least out corner the neighbor in his/her minivan than I sure as hell never want to go riding next to you. Your reactions must be completely GONE or you're a really lousy rider, no matter how long you been riding. Unless of course that minivans a Viper in disguise.

20. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"There are 2 kinds of motorcyclers. Those that have a Harley and those that want one. LOL"

A common self deception practiced by some owners of the products of "The Motor Company".

In my case, price is not the consideration, there isn't an HD that has the combination of acceleration, handling, cruising ability, long distance comfort, in one package that my FJR1300 has, or could entice me off of it.

Ride whatever you want; I do.

Have fun, flame away!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.