1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT:Purchase Order Software

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mark V, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark V

Mark V Member

I'm the lucky member who organizes the reloading orders at my club. I've been using Excel up until now, but am thinking a low cost purchase order program would be more flexible and overall more efficient. I'm competent at setting up simple spreadsheets. I typically choose the most common items and then copy the sheet 25 times, with the last sheet totalizing all the sheets. However, this is rigid when an item needs to be added to a single sheet/order.

I'd like to find a program that could sum multiple requisitions to a final order form. Of course, a simple internal database is needed also.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

look at quickbooks..

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I use Quickbooks Pro and it handles this fine. You may want to simply setup a "company" and generate invoices to do this. Enter the prices you are charging, freight, tax, etc. You could enter the items as INVENTORY and then do an inventory analysis to determine quantities to order.

There are several way to do this, including, simply generate PO's.

There is/are some freeware out there that will do PO's. Even Open Office (freeware) may do it and it's cheap.

Whiz White

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I gotta agree. QuickBooks is the best friend a small business has. Great program all around. Share it with your payroll person too. I could do payroll in 10 minutes for 10 people, printed, in the envelope, stamped and out the door. Intuit has small businesses all over the country that provide input for improvements.

It works!

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.