1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - "Pisscutter"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pump Gun Pimp, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pump Gun Pimp

Pump Gun Pimp TS Member

OT -

Pisscutter = Lorena Bobbitt

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

OT -

POB = crazy

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

OT -

I think Pisscutter was the name of the Class II dress cap we wore in the service.
    The one that's about a foot long and 6" high and folds flat.
    Can't tell you a thing about the other.

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

OT -

A "pisscutter" was what the Marines called their garrison covers during the 60's.

Then again, it was what my father was referring to when he described the extremely sharp creases the laundry would press into his uniform pants.

Morgan

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

OT -

In the U.S. armed forces it is known as a garrison cap, campaign cap (not to be confused with campaign hat, a distinct form of headgear), flight cap, garrison hat, fore-and-aft cap, envelope cap, pisscutter or overseas cap and is worn by US navy sailors in working blues or khaki uniforms.

When first issued to U.S. "doughboys" in World War I, the hat was called the "overseas cap" as it was only worn by troops in France who were given the French type forage cap as they did not have their campaign hats. The overseas cap could be stored easily when the helmet was being worn. A blue overseas cap was adopted post war by the American Legion. The hat largely disappeared between the wars except for the Air Corps, Paratroopers and Armored Force. The hat was widely issued from 1941 on and lost its 'overseas' distinctiveness. With the replacement of the campaign hat the garrison cap was given branch of service color piping similar to what had been on the cord of the campaign hat with officers having black and gold and generals gold trim. This practice was later discontinued when individuals had to purchase a new hat if they were transferred to a different branch of the service.

Recently it has been replaced in the U.S. Army by the beret, but remains in use in the other U.S. Armed Forces.

[edit] Offensive terms
    The cap earned an offensive slang name cunt cap by the resemblance of the crown's crease and folds to labia (See List of U.S. Army acronyms and expressions). The U.S. Marines called the hat a pisscutter.

It is also known as a "Biter" (or "Bider"), which is short for cock-biter. When the cap is pulled at either side, the front and rear corners come together as jaws.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

OT -

I was issued a garrison cap (piss-cutter) when I joined the
    USMC in 1956. I believe their still worn today.

7. Big Norm

Big Norm TS Member

OT -

CPOs and Officers wear pisscutters in the navy. E6 and below wear the folding brim white cap called a Dixie Cup or Cracker Jack. - Norm

8. William681

William681 Member

OT -

We had this style of Garrison Cap issued when I served in the US Army
    We called them C*NT CAPS.
    Sgt USASG JSA PAN MUN JOM KOREA 70/71
    Bill Boston

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

OT -

digginh thru stuff yesterday and found my old wool Donald Duck hat, navy issue
    1961 ntc san diego, never had to wear it ever but still have it, and still got 3 dixie cups as well.

bob

10. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

OT -

Not trying to change the subject, but I was watching a NASCAR show some years age. I think they were talking to Richard Petty as he described the small piece of metal on top of the rear spoiler.

He referred to it as a "Wickerbill"

I had to laugh out loud, 'cause when we were kids, "Wickerbill" meant a small boys future manhood! ( Does that make any sense?)

You know what I mean!?!

Danny

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

OT -

I don't know about "calf rope" but I use the term "goat rope" for anything that is a waste of time or rediculous, worthless etc.

JB=Jerry each 8503917

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

OT -

U. S. Marine Retired,

US Navy Retired here (1976-2000). The Navy does wear garrison caps, often referred to as piss cutters. I don't recall all the history/dates, but Chiefs, officers and later during my tenure E6 & below were authorized to wear them with certain uniforms.

They were very convenient, as most of us Chiefs would tuck them under our belts when uncovered.

Guy Babin CTMC(SW)(RET)

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

OT -

Oh, Piss Boy!Piss Boy!............. Where's that Piss Boy when you need him?

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

OT -

I've seen airforce personnel wearing piss cutters along wearing the charlie dress uniform.."slacks and short sleeved shirts." Naval Officers can wear piss cutters with their khaki charlie ( slacks & shirt)uniforms. Seen them when I was in the naval reserves.

Rick
    USMC

15. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

OT -

My understanding is that the whickerbill is on the rear wing of an indy car to slow the cars down by increasiing drag. They use different sizes. Nobody could come up with a scinetific term to use so they used that since it was so generic. Goatroper is a wanna-be(concrete) cowboy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.