1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**OT-PC Symbol Help OT **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 320090T, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I want to insert a "check mark" into an xcel spread sheet cell to indicate it is complete, but cannot find such a thing. Couldn't find anything in MS Word either. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Try insert on tool bar and click on symbol and see if there is one in there. Not sure since I do not have excel on this computer here.

3. 320090T

There is no check mark option in my insert/symbols menu.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Use the help feature on Excel and type in ... "symbols" ... now if for some reason you need help with that I'll tell ya how to do what your asking for.

Go to insert symbols and when the screen pops up change the font of what you desire to insert to "symbols" and then scroll down and find the check mark and as Emeril would say BAM!

Have ya found it yet? Its there ... you need to scroll down but it is there ... do you see it yet?

If for some reason you still cannot find it see there on the bottom of the screen for "insert symbol" where it says character code? Type in 214 and ... BAM!

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

There are all kinds of symbols in Excel. I inserted the check mark into a blank Excel spread sheet. Than, used copy/paste to insert them here in the text area. It did not work! when I inserted a check mark, it came out as a question mark.

Frank

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

There are several ways to get where you want to be but here is one that will open other doors for you;

Go to the tools menu and select the drawing tool bar.

From the drawing tool bar select autoshapes and then call outs. Call outs are like caption clouds like you might see in cartoons and there are lots of syles to choose from. Pick one you like and click on it.

The call out will appear somewhere on your open screen, don't worry about where, just type what ever you want in the 'cloud' and hit enter. Then you can grab the tail of the call out and drag it where you want it to point, after that drag the cloud to a suitable location on the page. If you want to get rid of it just click on it and hit delete.

7. 320090T

Got it, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.