1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT***PC Monitor Help Needed***OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 320090T, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

My monitor "clicked" and the sides narrowed up one inch on each side. I presume it is getting ready to take a crap so I am going shopping. Found Envision, HP, and several others. Does it make a diff? I am comparing contrast and resolution with the prices. I need a 19"-20" flat screen. Walmart has a 19" HP for $228. Thanks!

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

320090T, there are a lot of good monitors out there right now.

Figure out what you want to spend and how big you want to go.

Myself, I wouldn't go any smaller than a 19 inch and it would have to be a LCD monitor.

There are some great buys on just about any of them.

Go for it, you won't be sorry!

Hauxfan!

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Go to Newegg.com and you will see hundreds of monitors as well as reviews of each. The choices are bewildering but a 20" wide screen is reasonably priced and you'll love the view.

I had trouble with an Envision so I cannot recommend that one but check that website and they will have "deals of the day." Pick a name brand and you can't go wrong.

Jerry

4. finger

finger TS Member

Best of my four flat screens is an Acer AL2051W wide screen I bought at Staples I think last year. Its the best bang for a small price. If you buy a wide screen make certain your video controller can handle it before you buy or plan on maybe replacing the video card.

Lots of good flat panel displays out there. I know the one above is good for text and photos. Note I DO NOT play video games! YMMV. bob finger

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

They're all pretty much the same product. Buy a decent brand at a good price and you probably won't go too wrong. I've been buying a 22" Acer widescreen from MicroCenter for $225 lately, and it's not bad for the money. Acer owns Gateway now, and they've both been around for 20 years. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Viewsonic or an LG, to name two others. Dell's monitors are adequate, but sometimes overpriced. I avoid bottom tier manufacturers. Stick with a name brand and you'll be fine.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I too, own an Acer. They are probably not as well known as some, but they sell a lot of monitors at a reasonable price.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.