1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Passengers in a camper?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Do any of you know if it is legal to allow passengers to ride in a truck camper (one that slides in the bed) while on the road? thanks!

2. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

what state are you in?

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

This link should tell you everything you need to know.

Jeff

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think that the law is pretty clear here. As long as they're Mexicans, it's OK.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

What a grin!

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Tennessee...
    thanks for the link Jeff!

7. ctreay

ctreay Member

We had truck campers for a long time and covered a lot of country. From all we were ever told a truck camper was ok but trailers were not. However the tiedowns for the truck camper had to be frame mounted, not just tied to the box.

ctreay

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

OH and that reminds me of a story. I was in Oklahoma and run into some real Cowboys who followed the rodeo and rode the bulls all that. I had done a little rodeo in high school and college so got to talking to them about it with them over a few silver bullets in a little bar.

After ahwile they had to show me their traveling rig. It was a big four door dually Ford with a huge camper on it. Looked to be decorated by Elvis. The neat thing was it had a crawl thru where the back window was taken out of the truck and the front window of the camper was matched up with some kind of air filled " air lock". So you could crawl back and forth, hell they could even change drivers without slowing down if the wanted. It also stayed nice and cool or warm in both places however you needed it.

The point of my story and what I couldn't get over was this spittoon mounted to the dashboard with some hoses on it. You could reach over grab it, spit in it, and then hit a button on the side and it would flush the spit down the bigger tube to under the truck!! I though that was the coolest thing I'd seen in 1986!! Then the leader of the gang said hell that's nothing what that thing is really good for is when you need to pee. Just pull your johnson out and hold the spittoon in front and piss away flushing as you needed!!! I didn't ask about number two but at this point these drunk cowboys wouldn't have surprised me.

The moral to this story if your still with me is to not drive too close t

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Reminds me of a scene from the 1953 classic Movie Picture starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz "The Long Long Trailer"

Watch it if you can find it, It's a hoot.

10. Robb

Robb Member

Anyone that camps should see that movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.