1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Our next president?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jnoemanh, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Clinton, Giuliani, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Thompson; looks like we'll get one of those six. There are 300 million of us...and those six are the best we can do? Our brightest and bravest? WTF?

Where are our citizen patriots? Where are our modern Jefferson, Lincoln, TR, Truman? Where are the people who actually CAN lead? Where are the candidates with new ideas, with cajones? Where are the honest men and women?

Hell, they're everywhere, in every town, large and small. They're mayors, school teachers, business owners, physicians, politicians, engineers, plumbers.

Why won't we elect one qualified person? I don't know...do you?

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

if you arent in the pocket of Big Business...you wont go far in D.C.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

you can go far in the Democratic party if you're in the pocket of the unions, expecially the NEA. revslime, you are so clueless.

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

you can go far in the Republican party if you're in the pocket of Oil Companies, Defense Contractors, or Arab sheiks. And you call me clueless?

You must have a real close connection to the moderator of this board. I've met very few here who have so much hate in their heart, who cannot comment on something without using insults. I feel sorry for you. You would do well to find religion, methinks.

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Giuliani has proven his leadership. You may not agree with his positions but he is a leader! Bruce

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Rudy would be ok...if only he'd stop beating the 9-11 drum to try and prop up his importance. If he's so good he should be able to get through at least 1 speech without having to ride on the backs of the victims and their suffering.

Other than that...he aint so bad. At least he's not a blind ideologue. Which, in his party, will probably be his downfall.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Anonymouse...........clueless about unions. Posts his drivel every chance he gets.

Any chance to bash unions, he's there. Must have had a steward yell at him once.

HM

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

halfwit, are you saying that the unions don't own the Democratic Party? That would be an absurd thing to say.

9. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"Hillary Clinton, Obama, Giuliani, Romney, and McCain. How would you like to get dealt that hand?"

Not that many Jokers in my deck.

10. smartass

smartass TS Member

So long as you can get rich after leaving office like Clinton, there will never be a shortage of candidates.

11. cmh

cmh Member

Thats a good question and my only answer is the "patriots" have to work for a living. We do not have the jets or the limo's. We do not have houses in six states. We are not suckling on the trust fund our father left us.When we appear somewhere we have to pay admission. It is funny though. Those of us that work have the most to lose while those that do not don't.....................

12. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Any thoughts on Chuck Hagel? He hasn't declared as of yet. Or only in the minds of us from Nebraska?

13. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Chuck Hagel?? Isn't he just as Anti-Gun as Rudy, Hilary, Obama, Edwards, and McCain?? Does he ever speak for himself or just side with the Democrats on all issues thinking that will make him look more bipartisian?
    Ellen

14. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

one day Americans may wise up and STOP choosing between the lesser of two evils.

15. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Ellen

Maybe you should watch Face the Nation as Hagel is on quite frequently. He supports the constitution and doesn't agree with his party lines.

Dale

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

Jesse Jackson ?????? What a choice, a race baiting extortionist. Why stop just nearly at the bottom of the barrel?n Why not go all the way to the bottom and support Reverend Al (Twana Brawley) Sharpton?

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Please tell me thats not "commie baiting" Joe McCarthy.

18. smartass

smartass TS Member

revsammie, why can't you say anything rational?

19. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Fred Thompson

20. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

The person that would get my full support is the one that sees things my way.

1. Secure the border and enforce immigration laws.
    2. Veto any bill that has non-related "earmarks" attached. Crush PORK!
    3. Veto any tax increase, for any income bracket.
    4. No pussy-footing around with terrorist because of political correctness.
    5. Push an energy bill that promotes domestic oil exploration and production. Including the development of shale oil (worlds largest reserve right here).
    6. Have the balls to tell the UN where to stick their collective heads when they’re out of line.
    7. Have the balls to tell countries that are not our friends that they are not our friends. (France, Germany, Russia for starters)
    8. Push congress to increase military pay and benefits so that military service is a time commitment not a poverty commitment.
    9. Veto any bill that’s sole purpose is to fix global warming, unless irrefutable proof is given showing that we have caused it and we can reverse it. It’s about time we stopped wasting billions.

There are a few other social issue I could bring up, but these are the big things. A candidate that could commit to these things would get my support and assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.