1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Opinions on Beretta AL-2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FIB, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I've been looking for a quality inexpensive 12 gauge semi auto for my 15 YO son. The gun will be used for upland game. I saw a nice Beretta AL-2 yesterday that was priced right. Upon inspection it internally seemed very much like 303 and 390's that I've owned in the past. What are your experiences with this shotgun? Thanks in advance....Randy

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Great guns and are very similar to the 300 series Berettas and most internal parts will fit. Being that it's so old, you may want to give it a complete tear down and inspection, especially inside the receiver area and be sure that the slide rails and such are not badly worn (they can get that way after a couple of hundred K through them, you see this more on the target models with their much greater duty cycle).

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Had one for a few years, quality seemed good, bluing was great. But it had such a high point of impact, I had too sell it. I could not shoot that gun low enough.

GS

4. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

i've carried one rabbit hunting for years and can't think of a nicer gun.

has never let me down.

steve.

5. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks Tron for the reply. I took the gun apart yesterday and other that being dirty it appeared it good condition. The gun appears to have been hunted with not shot trap with (stock and forearm have many dents/dings). I was trying to determine its age by its proof marks (XXV). My resources say 1969 but the blue book says theses were made available in 73-75 so now I'm not sure who is correct. The gun appears to be well made and for $ 200.00 it would make a nice pheasant gun. It has a 28" vent rib barrel that is marked M (modified I'm assuming). Thanks again

6. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

U should break this persons arm to get it at that price. keith

7. FIB

FIB Member

4andy10 are you implying that the price is too high? Not to sound stupid just not sure what you mean...Randy

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

no- he means it was a steal

9. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I bought the gun and took it home and cleaned it up. I really like it. It appears to be very well made and balances well.

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I travel with an 84 year old fellow that has two AL-2's and shoots them in trap competition!

He is deadly with those full choke tubes!

FR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.