1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: One potential good thing from Obama

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

In one, and just about the only one thing, coming from Obama, that I see as potential good, is the appearance of some core type family value.

I am most definitely NOT a fan of O'B but at least I will give him recognition for doing one thing that I hope may cause his followers, at least some of them, to change their lifestyle. I refer to a problem that has been recognized by many leaders of all races. For whatever reason, true belief, political expediency, financial security, whatever, at least here is a "black" man who did not just get some woman pregnant and then hit the road, never to be seen again.

Many black leaders have spoken publicly many times on the vanishing black father and the lack of male presence in so many black families. This problem is not confined to blacks but cuts across all races. It is however often a topic brought up by black leaders as causing many problems not only for the "abandoned" child but also the remaining parent and family and society, both black and white, in general. It does seem, at least in my opinion, to be more prevalent in the liberal political thinkers but I am sure that you can find conservatives that are also doing the same thing. If his adoring public decides to adopt this O'Bama value as one of their "new" beliefs, maybe, just maybe, we will see some thing worthwhile come from him.

If black male parents start taking a more active role in the raising of their children, maybe we will see less black youth crime. The same could be said for all of the other races.

On the unfortunate side, what I also expect will happen is to see increased benefits via welfare, ADC, food stamps, housing supplements, medicaid and all the rest of that type of support for the single, often multiple times, mother or even other more extended people taking on the role of parent to the "Hit and Run" father/mother who is unwilling to accept the responsibility that having a family brings.

2. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

And our ex-president had no core type family values?

Why now that we have the new president is it that all in the world will be better?

Just waiting for my "change".

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

One hell-of-a-preacher.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Mother in law is going to be the parent. Probably was all along.

Michelle's distinguished career soliciting bribes for Hussein, getting a raise for a nice piece of pork delivered, etc just don't leave time for baking cookies.

This thread, while well intentioned is not necessarily accurate. sjorry.

HM

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The Bush families and the Obama families all have good family values. I like seeing these values and qualities in our leaders, heroes, and entertainers.

6. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Curvy, I have to respectfully disagree. the Obama family was brought up with the scum of the earth. The Ayers, Wrights, Khalid's, etc.... Where it is allright to add on pork to a bill to get your mother a 300% raise. Where promoting deception and downright lies is fine if it gets you what you want. The future will prove he is no Lincoln, and raising his daughters like he has proves he's no father either.

Jimmy

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Dont believe it ? watch Wrights latest Rant. It was on Bill O'riely the other night. Jeff

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

There seems to be a misunderstanding on some persons part, perhaps intentionally, of the point I was trying to make.

If you recall, many of those who voted for OB did not even know what he stood for, did no research on his record or cared about anything other than he was perceived to be the first black president. If they adopt that same cursory look about him being at least nominally present in his family, and figure it is something they may want to try, maybe, just ,maybe, they would decide to try to be present for their family.

If at least some do actually start appearing back in the family, there should be some, if for no other reason than the Law of Averages, that start actually becoming the Father that has been missing in some many households. I see this as a good thing.

Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I think OB, as a President, is a disaster for the country. My hope is that he can be seen as "advertising" that a father should actually be more than just a biological sperm donor. That is pretty much the only positive I see for OB.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure. He has created one hell of a market for AR15's and .45s.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Let's hope that any one in the office of President of the United States has a strong set of family. Obama may be an inspriation to black males to have a stronger family value we can hope that all males follow his lead, that said he's not the only president with great family values.

11. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Uh--our new prez. is a big time supporter of partial birth abortion. How in the world could one say he is a family man when he endorses murder of a child as it is being born. I don't view him as a christian family man by my definition. JMO. You can view it differently as is you right. Colonel

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

heres your family values,,,,,,,,scum,,,

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Family values are never the result of adoring someone on a pedestal; no more than holding up athletes as some sort of role model. Anyone want their kids to follow in Barry Bonds' or Mark Maguire's steps? How many want their kids to turn out like Kobe Bryant? How about O.J. Simpson?

Family values come from being a good father or mother everyday. Your kids learn from you, not from Obama, George Bush, or anyone else. Only you have the ability to pass on what is right to your children.

Obama's history is rife with doing what's convenient and expedient. He's also the picture of affirmative action; never achieving anything, and living off the public dole his entire life.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.