1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - On redistributing wealth - interesting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bobdog, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Got this from a friend. Thought it was worth posting:

While eating breakfast at a local restaurant, I noticed my server had on a "Obama 08" tie. I thought, what a dope to advertise his political preference when dealing with the general public, especially with someone like me.

Anyway, when the bill came I decided not to tip the server. Instead I explained to him that I was exploring the "Obama redistribution of wealth concept" and was sure he would approve. Ironically, he stood in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need - the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed away mumbling what I'm sure were obscenities - so much for commitment to the cause...

When I went outside, I gave the homeless guy $5 and told him to thank the server inside since I decided he could use the money more. Needless to say,the homeless guy was pretty appreciative for the handout.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for receiving money he did not earn, but the waiter was angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the recipient "deserved" the money more than he did.

I guess the whole redistribution of wealth thing is easier to fall for in concept than in practical application.

2. IM390

IM390 Member

See you didn't GO far enough in your experiment. The guy outside takes your money and will spend it on cheap booze while the waiter doesn't have the money to buy his family food. Soon the waiter will figure he can earn more CASH sitting next to the BEGGER outside doing nothing and you won't eat at a self serve restaurant. They go out of business and the two beggers get pissed off because their free meal tickets just took a dump and now they have hold signs at intersectionS asking for hand outs. ISN'T THE OBMAMA SYSTEM JUST GREAT!

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Speaker Pelosi and her husband own a share of a chain of restaurants in Ca. I wonder how they would like it if they were made to "share the wealth" and be required to feed people for free who can't afford a fancy meal in a restaurant?

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not the wealth, they want to take income. What the fat cats already have is sacred.

Just earnings from those who earn, to give to those who don't.

HM

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The wealthy will never pay more taxes than you and I. Matter of fact, they ARE paying less. The wealthy already have all the money they'll ever need (IMHO), and when invested in gov't bonds...city, state and fed, that income is not taxed. Ross Perot explained that back in 1992.

$30 mil x 5% interest = $1.5 million.....not bad for a yearly income, tax free.

Only those that will be taxed are those who work hard, with long hours, and earn their income.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Raising taxes on the “rich” 5%, raises prices and brings out the axes. Only right that those who voted for the program, should reap the result.

Dear Fellow Business Owners:

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next president, and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the customer will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8-10%.

I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

7. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

BigHeap: Offer a better product..beat the competition..school and better train your employees..create more wealth as McCain suggests he can..The Congress passes tax bills, not the President..1/2 of them are Republican..Don't fire good employees because they don't share your political beliefs..It's America! Be supportive of your employees..It's your business..be a leader..your employees depend on you..be entreprenurial..get your market share and more..don't give up..it's not up to the government, it's up to you..seek sound business advice, tax advice..there is a lot of help out there..Hell, with low interest rates there will be a lot of new businesses..you can do it ! Mizzou (former business owner)

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Go ahead and start the process: Please, send $5-20 to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.