Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OT.Ok who would you vote for right Now?

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  whos your daddy 
#1 ·
I have been a democrat and union man all my life.

I will tell you this I will never vote for Hillary or Obama.

You will see a republican in the White House next go around.

The Demos. are going to beat theirself.
I like Fred Thompson,but I do not think he will make it.
Mitt may very well be your next man.
George Bush sure has not helped any of them.

So right now I am not sure which way I will go.

I also like Edwards.

I guess I am going to have to wait and see who fibs the least, and this will be who I vote for.

Well wait one minute,who do you believe?

Bocephas

See less See more
#5 ·
Mark,this could be hard to understand for me.
Did he dodge the question?
To me owning a handgun could be a privilege
If you are a felon then you loose that privilege.
I see to a point where you are coming from.

I do not have the right to have a drivers lic.,it's a privilege.

I do not have a right to vote,it's a privilege.If you are a felon.

I do not have a right to own a handgun,it's a privilege.If you are a felon.

The tough question is,what is a right and a privilege.

The Mexicans come here,is that a right or privilege?

My ancestors came here to Staten Island, that was a privilege.

Breakem all

Bocephas

#8 ·
If I were voting for a Democrat for president (which I'm not), I would definitely vote for New Mexico's governor Bill Richardson. He is pro business, pro gun, lower taxes, and he had about 14 years experience in the U.S. House of Reps. In addition, he was ambassador to the UN (or something like that) during Clinton's term. He also helped negotiate the release of several POW's from several mid-eastern and Asian countries.

Since I'm a Republican, I'll have to decide which Republican to support. A few weeks ago, I was in favor of Romney. Now, I'm not so sure who I would support. I'm beginning to consider John McCain and Fred Thompson. Huckabee is certainly pro-gun, but his lack of experience in other areas has me concerned.

#9 ·
Ron Paul, then Huckabee, then Thompson.

If one of these three don't get the nod, then I'll either write in Ron Paul or vote Libertarian. I will not vote for anti-gun liberals like Rudy or Romney.

As for Edwards and the right to own a handgun, stop weasel-wording around it and trying to redefine what "is" is. Edwards does not believe in Second Amendment rights. Never did, never will. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

#10 ·
noseeam - None of the things you listed are in the Bill of "Rights" except the "right" to own and bear arms. How can you fail to see that? Can any of these "rights" be taken away? Sure, with a lawful search warrant you and your castle can be thoroughly searched and so on including the loss of your "right" to own and bear arms under certain conditions (felony conviction - determined mentally ill et alii)....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.