1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - NRA Marketing Folly

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dmarbell, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I believe the NRA marketing plan is flawed. Now, the organization probably doesn't need marketing advice right now, as Obama, besides being the absolute best marketer of guns and ammo in the nation's history, is also the NRA's best friend.

But, I came home tonight after shooting our club's five-stand to find my new USGA Membership Package in the mailbox. Included in the package were bag tag, rule book, and the hat below. Now, because I have CRS I'd have to look to make sure, but I recall that my discounted membership was $10.00. Hell, I'd have given $20.00 for this hat.

In fact, during Spring Training one year in Clearwater, FL, I gave $30.00 for a Red-White-and-Blue Phillies hat that looks like something a clown would wear. I guess beer and sun make for a bad combination! (Nothing against the Phillies, it's just a bad hat.)

Anyway, I think the NRA gives me some lame knife that I use to clean out my lawn mower.

Danny

PS - I'm actually wearing the hat as I took the picture. The face was hidden to protect the innocent.

dmarbell_2008_030360.jpg

2. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

NRA has sent me several caps, knives, and belt buckles. I upgraded 3 life memberships and requested that they not send me anything else just keep the money.

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

I agree, it would be nice if the NRA would get with manufacturers like Case, Buck and the like to offer membership premiums, even if the memberships costs would go up.

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I agree the USGA cap with the Open location is cool. I look forward to mine each year even though The Queen said the Torrey Pines year cap made my head look big.

I did well with my NRA renewal this time, got this range bag. Sure it is a cheapie from China but I do like it better than the NRA cap with the scrambled eggs on the bill.
    rlc323_2008_030354.jpg

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

With all of the BS going on right now, the NRA needs every nickle they can get to protect your right to own a firearm, and you people are worried about some swag ????? Comparing the NRA and USGA is NOT an apples to apples comparison.

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Hey Blizzard.

This was a paraody. Don't let the humor escape you. I fully support the NRA, as can be inferred if you read carefully. The NRA supports the rights of common folk, while the USGA caters to a way higher class.

If the NRA needs to give me some lame-assed Charlton Heston knife to get me to support my 2nd Amendment Rights, then something is wrong.

Danny

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

At this point, they could be sending me USED TOILET PAPER and I would gladly support them.

Look at the news, who is front and center fighting the anti-gunners!

How about you sending them a check instead of PETTY nitpicking?

8. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I'm a member, Bangalore. As stated above, this is a little humor, not really nitpicking. Free-gift marketing is a very old concept. Ever get an offer in the past for a free road atlas? It was delivered by an insurance agent who would then discuss your life insurance needs.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.