1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT*** Now we know the truth!***

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by T H Wallace, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T H Wallace

T H Wallace Member

I do not know if this has been on here or not, so here it goes:

Top psychiatrist concludes liberals clinically nuts
    Eminent psychiatrist makes case ideology is mental disorder

3:40 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

• creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
    • satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
    • augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
    • Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I knew it was mental problem.

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I enjoyed this author's reply:

Dr. Lyle Rossiter: Liberals are Nuts. Then What Are Conservatives?
    By: Sybil Sage
    Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a psychologist who’s practiced for thirty-five years, in a book titled, The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, maintains that liberalism is a psychological disorder. He asserts that liberals, “rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”
    Does Dr. Rossiter accept medical insurance? Oh, maybe it’s not an issue since most Americans can’t afford it. <I>Liberals are nuts?</i>
    He characterizes the liberal agenda as preying on weakness and insecurities in the population by “rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.”
    Has Dr. Rossiter treated any of Americans who feel we’d been tricked into going to war by an administration with its own agenda? <I>Liberals are nuts?</I>
    Rossiter characterizes modern liberals as “whining about imaginary villains,” depicting them as neurotic. Were we not told by Bush & co., “You’re either with us or against us?” Wasn’t this conservative government repeatedly insisting they’ve been saving us from being attacked? <I>Liberals are nuts?</I>
    His premise is that caring about others is infantilizing. If liberal can be seen as a psychological disturbance, would not the conservative agenda qualify as narcissistic? And if liberals are nuts, perhaps it’s a response to conservative policies.

Morgan

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

AS the bumper sticker says" Liberalism is a mental disorder". Truer words were never spoken!

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Capt. Morgan - A true conservative knows that the will of the individual is the source of success, not the government.

It is the utmost in egotism to believe that any government agent knows better the welfare of individuals, than do those individuals.

The root cause of price increases in this country are caused by the meddling of government in energy, food, and financial sectors. Active interference by the government prevents companies from exploring for oil, bringing down oil prices. Government zeal in promoting corn-based ethanol has raised corn prices, causing food prices to go up. Government policies toward financial institutions helped exacerbate a sub-prime mortgage problem, by forcing them to be "fair" in lending practices, and providing mortgages to high-risk people who had no business in the house-purchasing market.

Dr. Rossiter is absolutely correct. When Bill Clinton ran for the Presidency, wasn't the most sickening moment when someone ask him what he was going to do to "take care" of us?

No one was "tricked" into going to war. We were attacked by Muslim extremists on September 11, 2001. Muslim radicals are not "imaginary villains". Neither was Saddam Hussein. If you blame "conservatives", then include the liberal left. They voted for war also.

It isn't narcissistic to believe that individuals do best when left to their own devices. It is narcissistic to believe that government is the solution to problems created by that same government.

Populism does prey on the weaknesses of individuals, getting them to believe that "evil corporations" and "rich people" are the source of their woes.

Benjamin Franklin and Alexis de Tocqueville were correct when they spoke of the end of the Republic. It was when people realized that they could vote themselves other peoples money.

Best,
    Dennis

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Political Correctness

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Dennis, thank you, I was going to respond the liberal "Capt.", but no need to now,,I enjoy your posts,,Jim

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Dennis, you write well, but I will give more weight to your arguments for individual self-sufficiency when I see conservatives canceling their medical insurance policies, refusing Medicare and returning their social security checks.

We did go to war against Moslem extremists but we didn't go to war against the country that produced those who attacked us; that country is our "friend". We chose instead to attack a country we didn't like anyway, one with which we had failed to finish our previous business and one which has never been proven to have had a part in the attack.

Morgan

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Why should I cancel my privately paid medical insurance? It comes from my pocket, and that of my former employer (I'm retired). That folks are forced into the Medicare System, is not of their own doing.

Now that you've brought Social Security into the argument, I'll add, that it was a liberal Democrat Congress which broke the pact that Americans had with Social Security. As soon as they repay all the money into the Social Security Trust Fund, then I'll take my contributions, with interest, and go private. The same holds true for Medicare. Give me back my contributions, with interest, and I'll gladly negotiate privately with my doctors.

The problems with Iraq were foisted on the U.S. by our own agreements with the United Nations. It's also the problem when a President of the United States abides by rules set forth by those who don't have our sovereignty at heart. No true conservative would ever negotiate away our sovereignty. Every military analyst worth his/her salt, in 1991, forecast that we would be at war with Hussein again sometime in the near future.

Best,
    Dennis

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bush is God..... Clinton was the debil!!

11. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Liberals, Conservatives.... what happened to basic human nature, and live your life in the best possible way you can? If you have the desire to educate yourself and the drive to make a ton of money you can.. if you chose not to (read liberals) no one here owes you anything.. get off your A$$ and work for it.

I agree we pay into social security and medicare.. so use it... I am going to.. I paid for it... i dont care that the little ghetto chick with 12 kids and driving a cadillac doesnt have insurance.. maybe her kids DADDIES should pay some?

either way with this election we are screwed.. weather its McCain, the lesbo, or the muslim.. we are screwed.

12. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.” —Ronald Reagan......... Couldn't have said it better myself.........................Roger

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Thank God we finally know the truth. I have been extremely worried about it. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.