1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Need Iowans help on concealed carry bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by dhull, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhull

dhull TS Member

The Iowa legislature is considering a bill to level the playing field in Iowa for those of us who want a Concealed Carry Permit. Currently it is up to each counties sherriff to decide whether a permit will be issued. As a result they are not available in some counties at all where others issue to any qualfied individual.

This may go to the floor tommorrow (Saturday), so fellow Iowans please send a email today to you representative asking them to support SF-2379 / S-2874.

Go to http://www.capwiz.com/iowacarry/issues/alert/?alertid=14821131 for a easy e-mail form.

Thanks for your help

Dave
    ATA Life 79-05542

2. dhull

dhull TS Member

Update - The Iowa senate passed the shall issue ammendment to the concealed carry law this morning.

The bill did pass the House Public Safety Committee earlier this morning. It is now up to the House to take up the bill for a vote. It could happen early this afternoon, or it might not happen until tomorrow morning.

Dave

3. mike T

mike T Member

any news on this bill? When if passed will it become law??

thanks
    mike t

4. dhull

dhull TS Member

The house adjourned Saturday night without taking action on this bill. They are scheduled to reconvene Monday at 10 AM. I understand that the bill will be voted on and that there is enough votes for passage. The Governor has said he will sign it. Its not over yet as anything can happen.

The law will not go into effect until 1/1/11. Though I hope that once passed some of the Sheriffs will "see the light" and follow the intent this year, but I'm sure some will not.

Dave

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

We here in the Kommonwealth of IL have dwindling hopes that there will be a decision on McDonald before the general assembly recesses so that, if the SCOTUS decision is in our favor, we might be able to get our bills moving again on CC. That also will depend on whether Cullerton doesn't do his anti gun thing by refusing to call the bill out of committee.

I hope you guys succeed. One more neighboring state with a positive result is more pressure for our guys to see the light.

So...what does IL need? A good Supreme Court decision, a GA that does something positive, a Speaker who does the right thing, a GA that does what the people want, and then, finally, a governor who does the right thing and not what Daly and the Chicago mob tells him to do.

OOPS...I thought we had hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.