1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Need help saving an email folder to a CD

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Please help.

My OS is Windows Vista that uses "Windows Mail," a supposed improvement over Outlook.

I have a folder containing a list of prople who ordered books. My notebook has to go to HP Repair for problems with the touchpad.

I cannot find a way to transfer the email messages that are the order history to a CD and the list is too long to print each message, which are contained in email messages sent to me by PayPal).

HP tech support suggested that my notebook be taken to a computer expert and would not tell me how to do treasfer the messages to a CD. There are no experts in the town where I live that I know of.

When I right click on a message in the folder, ther is no "Send To" option available.

Any help/instruction you can offer will be appreciated. If you prefer, email me your phone number and I will call. Just tell me when.

Rollin

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

copy the folder to your hard drive, then make your CD

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Format the CD for data. Right click the folder, choose copy then go to the cd and paste it.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

just buy one of those thumb drives- much easier to use and slips in a USB port-

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

cubancigar & oletymer - right clicking the folder does not offer the option of copying it to anywhere.

Gene - There is no option to copy the folder to a flash drive either (with the 2G drive inserted).

Rollin

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Most CD burners come with some type of program which they like to use. Open it first with a blank CD in the burner. Now it will usually come up with half the screen being the FROM side, and the other side being the TO side. Browse on the FROM side until you find you folder you want to copy. Now drag the folder to the TO side of the screen. Make sure the folder is under 650 or 700 meg, the limit of your CD. Now you will have to find the BURN button. After clicking on the burn button you will be given options like a surface scan or a file integrity check. When you finish selecting, click the button that moves the program to start. A progress bar will usually show up on the screen to show you the percentage of completion. Make sure you let it finish all the way before removing the CD. CD-Rs sometimes are unreliable. Hope this helps.
    Gene has a point. Flash drives are cheap and easier to setup and use. Most USB generation 2 drives will auto detect soon after being plugged in. Your computer will assign it a drive letter, from the unused letters available. Rename your flash drive so it is easy to spot. At home the flash might be F: and at work on the network it may be called G: or H: drive. If you can spot the drive, most of time you may copy to it. Don't forget to defrag or scan a commonly used Flash drive as this speeds up the hard drive.

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

I don't know what you are using but Windows allows you to right click then choose copy. You then have to move your cursor to the target drive, right click it and choose paste. I think you should ask someone to help you do it if you can't figure it out.

8. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

This will tell you how to transfer a copy of your e-mail messages to another computer or save them to an external place but you will not be able to just scroll through them or read them until restored into a computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.