1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Need Facebook explanation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

After receiving numerous "3 friend requests" emails from Face Book, I logged on. In addition to only one of the three that I recognized, there were about 100 additional names on the list. There were only a few that seemed to be related to clay target sports.

Opposite each name there was a box entitled "Add a Friend."

How can I tell which of these are actually trying to contact me, rather than some lonely person sitting cross-legged in a corner with a computer just trying to contact another lonely hermit?

What happens if I click the add-a-friend button?

Any explanation you can provide will be appreciated.

Rollin

2. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

What happened is when you added a friend, Facebook assumed that some of the people your new friend has as friends might be your friends too.

Simple as that.

If you click on add as a friend that person will get a friend request from you, then if accepted they will then be in your friend list as well.

3. John 53

John 53 Member

If after becoming a friend with someone on FB, you decide you made a mistake, you can always "Unfriend" that person, and they will not be on your list or updates anymore. It is NOT someone you have to keep as a friend.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And soon they will be coming to take you away today. Proceed at your own risk. HMB

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

reddeath - I added only one personal friend and a couple of "friend' to get a discount on a product that I was ordering.

John 53 - Thanks for the advice; I'll do that.

Vern & hmb - Thanks for the information.

I will continue ignoring Face Book.

Rollin

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

My grandkids wanted me to get on facebook. Worst damn thing I did. Everytime I added on friend about 100 more showed up. I didn't want them hid I wanted them deleted. Was nothing to delete them. After a hell of a time getting the right path to face book I got instructions to get rid of the hole damn thing.Facebook that is. Theirs a catch to that two. One thing I did find out while trying to get it off my computer. If I went a certain route. I wasn't sure how I did it but I did this twice. I got into other peoples computers and I could see everthing they had been into. All the information was their. Everything. Now this is something I don't get off on. That is getting into other peoples information. Made me feel like a goddamn thief and a freakie bastard. I finaly got ahold of facebook and told them to get the goddamn thing off. I know that If you have facebook everthing you do on your computer is recorded by facebook and you can't get it off. All you have to do is have facebook on your computer. You don't need to use it, just have it on your computer. At sometime in your life somebody is going to threaten you with your past information. They may have to twist it but it will happen. Wild Bill

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nuts bad, Sluts, not so much!!!

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Be careful what you list for personal information, for the whole world will see it.

I tried to keep in touch with the family with it, but after a while people were posting the great accomplishments of the day, like:

"i got out of bed, bummer"

"my new phone really kicks butt"

Just all kinds of useless information about themselves i could not care less about"................kinda like here, in this section. : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.