1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT***Need Computer Help******OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 320090T, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have music files stored in winamp and want to back them up in my WD external hard drive. I get the message "The target can not handle this type of document" There has to be a way to do this, however, I am not smarter than a fifth grader.....Thanks!

2. k80jim

k80jim Member

If you are using xp you can just right click on your desk top. Select new....then folder. This will put a new folder on your desk top. Now click in the box below the folder and give it a name. Like saved music. Now move / drag that folder to a area on your desk top where you can open your music player, and still see it. You will have to click the restore down size button near the X " close " button. Now that you can see your music files you can left click and shift key to select all or do them in groups and drag them and drop them on your new file. Once all your music you want is in that folder. You can right click then select, send to: and you should see your Western Dig. drive. Now that folder is on your back up drive with all your music. Good Luck. Hope that works and makes sense for you.

Jim

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim, it worked.

4. k80jim

k80jim Member

Thanks for letting me know. Now find someone to buy my gun for sale and we will be even........

K80Jim