1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/My own fault

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

Some kids turned on my water in my front yard the other night and it obviously ran all night for at least 10-12hrs, but it's my own fault for leaving the handle on the spigot. My friend had his car keyed by somebody the other day and by god I told him that it was his fault for parking his car on the street and not in his driveway, so what if there is only 4 houses in our court. Some of you guys are right. We gotta start taking some responsibility for the things that happen to us!!!

2. zinger

zinger Member

I bet you're just beating yourself up about it too! Shame on you for forgetting about the handle!lol

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

well, I guess in the grand scheme of things, you'll have a nice green yard. When I was younger, that might have been the kind of thing we would have done....it's a prank, but it causes no real damage.

Nowadays, it seems like kids are destructive. Keying cars. we wouldn't have done that. Up here in Anchorage some kids got ahold of some kwikcrete and tried to build their own speedbumps on the entrance to the school as a senior prank. Nice? Sure...it caused felony level damagers. They also super-glued the locks.

That's not a good clean prank, that's vandalism, plain and simple.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Juno

It would also be my fault that they peed themselves when I forgot to turn off the 30,000 volt neon transformer I had wired to it! :) You have to train those kids right! A few carefully placed "uh-ohs" and they will stop coming near your stuff. Electric fences, barbed wire, rat traps, and shock collars work for animals if they are well concealed. All kinds! Be sure to put up proper signage, maybe in Chinese. Metal signs work good and be sure to wire them too!

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Better not leave that new Harley out.

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

Quack, hmmm. Very ingenuitive.. I like that. ;) hoggy, you got that right!!!

7. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I had my garden raided last week. They took all my tomatoes and peppers. I thought, ok this is just a pay back for when I did it as a kid. Until Sunday my neighbor had a cook out with lots of peppers and tomatoes on the table and smiled and waved at me holding up a tomatoe when I was mowing grass. He thought it was funny until he seen me on the back deck and I held up two of his strip steaks he was going to cook. Steaks beat tomatoes any day of the week!

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Put up a trail camera on your house...gets em all the time.
    I did that here when there were pranks a while back, caught all the punks on it....hahahaha, boy their parents were pissed....proof was right there in the pics and in the hands of the police.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

5spd, due to some recent "activity", I have just invested in some remote video equipment to watch over my residence, horses, and vehicles, including my camper. It was suggested in order to catch the perpetrator in action so that I may prosecute. It's going to be a small pain in the a$$ to have to set it up, especially on my mobile possesions, but it will be worth it to see the the look on the twit's face staring out at me from behind some iron bars.

On the other hand, I am thinking REALLY HARD about how to implement a version of Quack Shot's suggestions. That would be a fun addition to the video equipment. I'll run it by my lawyer and make sure to cover my butt first, though.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

That will teach you not to take better care of your outside spigot! Sahme on you Juno

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Devi,

You could always put the videos up on You Tube or make one of those jackass dvds when you get everything "wired". On the other hand, you might not want any evidence. I'm available for technical help on the project. :)

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

In this technological age we live in, it is amazing that kids are stupid enough not to realize they could be on camera. One of the cheapest and best methods for home security is an infrared digital trail camera. Silent, no flash to give its location away, and they take clear pictures now day or night. Stores video images as wel as stills and the price is coming down daily. They serve double duty as you can take them into the woods too. We put a couple up at our cabin as a means to at least get images of a vehicle and or faces to give to the sheriff.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.