1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Mr. Buns Contest pics from Grand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ok, Diane said she had the pictures, and the first one arrived in my mailbox last night, so Diane and I are putting this up for you to enjoy. Don't forget about the 2011 Mr. Buns contest. We'll have it by the beer tent near the bleachers.

We have figured out most of these guys. Can you?

recurvyarcher_2008_030349.jpg

2. recurvyarcher

I'll give you one hint: When Martin first saw this pic, he said "DAMN, Bonillas had a cute butt."

I proceeded to laugh mine off at that moment.

3. recurvyarcher

And can you pick out Frank Hoppe? He looks totally different now.

4. recurvyarcher

We haven't figured out who is the guy in the red shorts, or who is the tall one in all white. Could the latter be our own Big Don? Same height and build.

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Get a load of the looks from the ladies in the background.

I think they were totally enjoying the scenery...

6. recurvyarcher

Did they really shoot in those little shorts back then?

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

So who won? (and which one is Frank Hoppe?) LOL

LA in MA

porcupine_2008_030324.jpg

8. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

The guy in the red shorts on the left looks like Dave Stanley from Mayville, WI. I don't know if he is still shooting but I haven't seen him around for a long time.

9. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

I think this had to be 1984 judging from my haircut.... I won a trophy at the Grand that year and checked the date on the trophy.

10. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Be careful Devi. Those "Cute Buns" might be considered an Endangered Species at the IDNR Shooting Complex. Make sure you have the proper permits before gathering these endangered or threatened animals! We don't want you being kicked off the grounds!

Endangered Species-species which the Board may list as in danger of extinction in the wild in Illinois.

Permit Requirements Persons planning to conduct research involving endangered or threatened animals or federal endangered plants must apply for a permit for scientific purposes. Applicant much submit:

A.an outline of the proposed research, including the scientific justification for such research, methods to be used, needs for the use of an endangered or threatened species, and a statement as to how the proposed research will enhance the survival and well-being of the species involved; B.a description, including photographs, of the facilities intended for use in holding the endangered or threatened species;

11. recurvyarcher

That's Annie Get Your Gun in the black shirt in the bleachers. The one laughing is Annie Munson, I am told. The blonde woman with the sunglasses just below Annie is Margie Stafford.

Frank Hoppe is in the white pants with the striped shirt.

I was told by another poster that the tall guy in all white is none other than Devon Harris.

Martin says that the guy in the burgundy shorts is Dan Bonillas, but somebody else thinks it is Frank Rively. If you were there, then let us know.

The guy in the red shirt and jeans is Jimmy Heller.

Tall guy in the cowboy hat and jeans is Andy Smith.

Don Slavich in white pants and navy blue shirt.

Crausby is at the far end facing the guy in the red shorts and cowboy hat.

I've been told that Britt and Carmichael are in this pic, but they need to be pointed out if so.

12. recurvyarcher

Cheryl, we plan on importing some species. How do I go about getting permits for that?

13. recurvyarcher

Here is another pic. It is believed that Andy Smith was the one of these 3 finalists that won this year. I'd like to know who is that guy in the yellow shorts checkin' out the contestant's BEE-hinds...

recurvyarcher_2008_030350.jpg

14. recurvyarcher

Who is the guy in the tan shirt?

15. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

Devi, The yellow shorts belong to Susan Nattrass, I beleive she was the one he started the Mr Buns contest.

16. recurvyarcher

Here are the judges. This is what I was sent via email about this pic:

From right top Betty Johnson, Annie Munson, Cheryl Holford, ML Van Arsdale?
    From right bottom row, Susan Natrass ( I think she was the instigator of Mr Buns), Debbie Conseen, Diane Kaysa, Margie Stafford, MJ Smith. Not sure about the others. I think back row, might be Ruthie Kiem and Pam(since passed away, cannot remember her last name, I think Niederer).

recurvyarcher_2008_030351.jpg

17. recurvyarcher

Oh, that's why the legs were so smooth, then...I was beginning to wonder. LOL!!!

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You sure those pictures were taken at a trapshoot and not a "Village People" concert?

19. t-bar

t-bar Member

Zard your right on Jimmy Hunter. How about the lady on far left top row, Roxann maybe?

B

20. Darla

Darla Member

Andy Smith, a blast from the past. Has anyone seen him lately? I knew Heller right off, nobody stands like him. Thanks Devi, it's cool seeing all these old friends back in the day. Darla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.