1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot Mr. Biden Bright or Not?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BRGII, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Katie Couric's interview of Biden, September 22

Check out the attached transcript of a recent interview of Joe Biden by Katie Couric of CBS News. What I found hilarious regarding both Biden’s own lack of basic historical knowledge and the apparent lack of the same by Ms. Couric is highlighted in the 7th paragraph of the interview. In this paragraph Biden indicates that part of being a leader is to instill confidence and to demonstrate that the leader knows what he or she is talking about. He then goes on to say that when the stock market crashed Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed – he said this is what happened.

Assuming he’s referring to the 1929 stock market crash that signaled the beginning of the Great Depression – Biden unfortunately doesn’t know what he’s talking about since Roosevelt wasn’t elected President until November 1932 and didn’t take office until January 1933. Additionally, television wasn’t invented in 1929 and made its first appearance at the 1939 World Fair. So for all the talk about instilling confidence and demonstrating you know what you’re talking about – Biden fails the test in terms of does the walk match the talk. This is the guy who is supposed to prop Obama up on Foreign Policy because of his vast experience and expertise?

Unfortunately, Ms. Couric also shows what a joke of a journalist she is by not even challenging Biden’s statements.

When Bush has made speaking blunders - he’s labeled as a dumb buffoon by the mainstream media – Biden however gets a pass on his. Me thinks there may be a double standard in play.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It would be hard to choose the dumber of the two.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I'm going to enjoy the V.P. debate,,Sarah, all dolled up, "facing off" with soak Biden. Poor Joe,,Hussein Obama is mad at him now,,he will be flustered to no end.

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Trust me on this ... Joe Biden does not need to "try" to sound incompetent...

Bob Schultz

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Biden also thinks we have a rash of drive by baynetings. That's why he's so keen on banning bayonet lugs.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And Obama says Roosevelt's 1929 televised presidential address was aired to all 58 states.

7. KenC

KenC Member

Yup, Biden's just a 'tease'. We're gonna get Hillary on the ticket.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I told you guys awhile ago that Biden is not stranger to sticking his foot in his mouth....just stand back, it'll get even better (like him saying he's a shooter...hahahaha!)

Curt - Delaware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.