1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Most Incredible "Shot" Ever Made

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map@neo, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

OT: Most Incredible

Everyone enjoys embellished stories, so please share yours. Tell us about the
    most incredible shot you ever made. Be it a rifle, handgun or shotgun. Be it on fur, feather or fin(we can still shoot pickerel with a rifle in my state). Any
    amazing shot you "pulled off". Short range, long range whatever. Let's hear it.
    My most incredible shot(s) was when I shot 2 barn pigeons flying out of a silo
    window with a Colt 22lr. Woodsman pistol. Both flew out together and I pointed and shot rapidly at each. Two puff of feathers and they both hit the ground like "lawn darts". Shit luck!!! But it sure impressed my buddies. Thanks.
    MAP

2. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i made a shot on a pair of doubles from the 50 yard line with a mossburg bolt action upside down with a mirror over my rit sholder backwards smoked em both & i was drunk to.

3. map@neo

map@neo Member

Wow!!! That is incredible. I didn't think you drank. I thought you froze it and ate it.
    MAP

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You guys owe me a keyboard. Just too funny. Jackie B.

No shots of mine were extra ordinary however I was hunting with a friend several years ago and a dog ran a deer across the road(private road) in front of us and my friend stopped his truck jumped out with a scoped rifle and folded that deer at 230 yards away with one shot and the deer was at a dead run.

5. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

I was at a trap shoot once, we were shooting handicap at Nephi gun club, I called for the target and just as I shot a mourning dove fly in front of the target! got them both and we wont say if it was during the season. that was in 1996 there is still alot of talk of it today but the number of people that were there is getting smaller. KK

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When I was MUCH younger (and dumber), I shot a wood duck out of the air at about 40 yards with a 45 revolver. Obviously, the duck flew into the bullet! The shot was so impossible everyone there knew it was blind luck. I quit shooting for the day. This was back in the early 60's.

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Pheasant at over 300yds, 22 rifle, in the head. Shot the bird on a bet, hit him above one eye,came out below the other eye, and did not hit either eye.

Ron Van Blaricon retrieved the bird and cleaned all the birds for the day,that was the bet. GOOD LUCK

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

first liar doesn't stand a chance. I am waiting until the end. Jeff

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

double on ruffed grouse. franchi 12 gauge. number 10 shot.

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

A floating duck. Maybe 300 yards out in the river, first shot, right thru the eye with a .38 snub. It doesnt tear up the meat that way.

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

So many.. I shot a deer right through th ear at 300 yards in a blowing wind storm( I was hoping to hit his shoulder). My all time favorite was a specklebelly goose that was near 200 yards high when the ball of #0 buck hit him in the chest. He crashed into a bunch of tules that were about 400 yards away and we could see the spray from where we were standing. A bantailed pigeon that was hit at 75 yards or so with a #3 Hornady lead pellet. The bird fell dead and upun inspection appeared not to have a hole anywhere. We plucked him and still no hole. I looked at my buddy and told him that it could only be the ear hole on the bird. We split open the head and found blood shot brains and the begining of an exit wound that glanced off the inside of the skull and exited out the ear hole on the opposite side. I wish I would have had that on video. Jeff

12. redix

redix TS Member

In August of '05, in Usangu, Tazania, I dropped a good sized Topi at a dead run at 230 yards with 1 shot from a scoped 378 cal. Weatherby. The solid round broke his rear left leg, penetrated the abdomen, & lodged in his throat.

13. gotbass

gotbass Member

Jeff - you are right the first liar never stands a chance. God's truth I ran 50 straight and in a tournament no less. Those who know me swear that it was a miracle.

14. jimx200

jimx200 Member

While duck hunting one morning, I pass shot a mallard that was so high up that by the time he hit, the meat had started to spoil.

15. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I shot a redwing blackbird out of a tree across a cotton field at about 150 yards with a Mossberg .22 offhand when I was about 15 years old.

hubcap

16. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Hell I thought you guys wanted the truth.

Now if you want to hear about the 10 point buck I got by shooting one shot down a week old deer trail.......... GOOD LUCK

17. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

We went to the out door shooting range to sight in my new Remington 742, 30-06. We were getting ready for, hunting in Canada! This was in Ill.and in the mid 70's. This range was not far from the Mississippi River. A flock of snow geese flew over head and they were quite high. I shot three rounds into them and, yup! one comes fallin down, honking and squaking we had to chase it all over the gun range. We finally got it cornered but it wasn't ready to give up without a final fight to the death. My friend snuck up behind it while we kept it busy and hit it with a heavy tree limb. I wanted to have it mounted but the one wing was so tore up from being shot and falling into the trees and my friend having to hit it with the tree limb. We did salvage some good eatin off it though. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

18. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

44cal 1860 Navy black powder pistol

running coyote

fast draw

one shot

125 yards

jaw dropping

19. BTC

BTC TS Member

I caught my wife cheating on me and as she was trying run out of the house I landed a right cross right on the cheek on a dead run a she hit the floor like a sack of spuds.

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Pheasant flushed by our blockers in a corn field in SD, about 200 yards in front of us at the top of a gradual slope. They took 2 or 3 shots and drew no feathers. By the time it got to us, this bird was flying at full speed, and headed straight over the guy just to my right about 50 feet up.

I took one shot with about 6 feet of lead (2 full "beak to tail tip lengths") and got nothing. Continued to swing, and led it about 2 more feet (yep, about 8 feet of lead) as it passed over us about 50 feet above. Puff of feathers, and if continued to glide for over 100 yards, and landed with a hard bounce in a pasture behind us, and never made another move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.