1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Moen Dialcet Faucet Problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TC, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC TS Member

Trying to replace the valve but the small retaining clip is corroded and not moving. Is there anything that will free it up? Tony

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I'm not familiar with them but try putting some lime away on it to see it will clean off the corroded parts.

thanks
    lee

3. TC

TC TS Member

I was told that Lime Away is not to be used on copper or brass.

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

CocaCola will remove the corrosion from the battery terminals on cars, might give it a try.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Or try CLR as per recommendation last week by a Grohe dealer. Worked well.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don't get me started. I used to have Moen faucets throughout my entire house and used to buy replacement parts (especially those clear plastic "teardrop" knobs) by the sixpack. I had a whole mini parts cabinet just for stinkin' Moen parts! They supposedly have improved quality somewhat on their high-end stuff, but I am done buying Moen.

-Gary

PS: Make sure the water pressure is turned OFF at the source before you pull the cartridge clip. I have a friend who forgot to do this, and we still laugh about his embarrassing injury. Well... I laugh anyway, LOL.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

it is brass and strong chemicals are not advised. A very small mini torch with a small amount of heat will work. I would not have anything but Moen, never a prob but like anything else dont buy the cheap models

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I've had reasonable service from Grohe. Cleans up nicely, better than expected, using CLR. The HansGrohe (another brand, not Grohe) showerhead cleaned up like new in the box with CLR. That, after daily use for six years! Amazed me..

I'd continue to buy Grohe; a nice compromise between high end stuff and "zoomy" European design and relative lack of rarity. I have had problems with Moen, but I think that is a function of water quality. Moen probably just fine in areas with good water or in a home with a water softener or some kind of filter. I like Moen's service and concept, but won't work in my home due to water quality.

Question: If Perrazi made faucets and shower heads with the great aesthetics of their guns, would you purchase same?

This is a "hijack" of the thread, a bit, re. lead. The Grohe sales person told me that Grohe's faucets etc. in the future will be lead free as per guidelines for safety/environment. I wonder how this will work out for "us"; less demand for lead, lower prices. Or less demand for lead, less mining of lead and higher prices..Or???

One invididual told me that lead is high because the Chinese buy lots of it, including lots of lead for ballast in ships. Don't know how true that is..but...sounds very plausable.

9. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Call Moen's 800 number. They are quite helpful.

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the one you have is not the life time deal Trash it and get the one that has life time on it . they will work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.