1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Model Railroads ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

there are model railroaders` all over the country. i am sure if you do a little snooping around you can find a club in your neighbor hood or else maybe on google dwain

2. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

If you live in or near a medium sized city, there should be a model train shop somewhere. There is a LOT of value to some pieces. Get them appraised! You will probably be surprised. We had a garage sale several years ago and a guy came by and asked us if we had any model trains. My wife dug up three cars from her folks basement and the guy paid her forty dollars apiece for them. Old plastic Lionel kids cars no less.

3. smokeys427

smokeys427 TS Member

Hi I am an avid railroader and I am interested in what you have. I love railroading of all sorts. Please e-mail me at smk44949@aol.com and lets talk! :)
    Smokey

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a guy I bowl with who has a Model Rail Road in his family room and there is no room for the family since he set it up in there ... The people who are into them are even worst than trapshooters about their hobby (in a good way) and are very passionate about their trains ... I can tell you the few I have looked at are really good form of entertainment ... I have been told they are not cheap in any way ... Get some good advice before you get rid of them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Medina railroad museum in Medina, New York.

7. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

You may be able to find the approximate magazine value by looking at eBay, to see what they sell for. There are model railroaders everywhere. Your local groups probably meet at local fairgrounds, etc., so check there as well as local model & toy shops, to find them. The engines & cars can be sold on eBay or locally, but a local train store won't give you what they're worth. Lionel & American Flyer trains can have great value, either as kits/packages or as individual pieces, so be careful. Get a current Model Railroader magazine or go to toy train stores to find price guides such as Greenberg's Pocket Price Guide. In these you can price the approximate value of each engine or car by it's individual part number. Be careful to keep all paper you find - boxes, wrappings & instructions. Keep all little parts. And keep kits together if he stored them that way. The track itself is no big deal, not particularly valuable. Best thing will be to find a local railroader you trust, and let him lead you through the process. This may be all junk, or parts may be quite valuable. Train collectors are serious folks. Phil

8. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

magnumthunder one of the developers I work with has a huge collection of trains. He may take every item you have. He also lives here in Rochester. If your interested in a contact number let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.