1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Metal / Steel Building w/Living Quarters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Alpha_Three_Niner, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I am looking for plans and advice on building a large steel building. I intend to have a two level living quarters on one end. Large open shop on the other with two or three bays. I am looking at an approximately 50'X 100'building.

Does anyone know of building plans or a good builder in the Central Texas or East Texas area? I know what I want, but don't have a clue where to go. Lot's of steel building suppliers on the net, but plans for this type of building with Living Quarters are next to nil.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

2. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Go to Wick Buildings.com....They have Wood Frame and Steel Buildings and also Wick Homes...lol Dale

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A lot of insurance companies won't cover living quarters in a storage building because of replacement cost and life safety code issues. (Gas fumes, exposures to chemical storage, etc.) You should check your Zoning requirements too. Not legal everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.