1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Mercury 15hp 4 stroke outboard

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FIB, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

My 10hp Honda was recently stolen and I can't afford to buy a new one. I can however afford a ln (2007 mfg) Mercury 15 hp 4 stroke. I have had experinces with Yamaha and Honda but haven't had any w/Mercury. Does any one have a "newer" 15hp Mercury? The reason that I ask newer is because Mercury recently (last 2-3 years) redesigned their 15 hp 4 stroke. All experiences appreciated....Randy

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I always look at what the resorts up in Canada are using for rental units. For years and years (when everything was 2 stroke) the outboard of choice was usually (almost always actually) Johnson/Evinrude. These days, now that everything has switched to 4 stroke, the motor of choice are the Mercury's (powered by Yamaha). I have rented them and have been extremely impressed. They can go down to 300 rpm's and there is no need for a trolling plate (a pain in the butt), like the Johnson/Evinrude 4 strokeS NEED (powered by Suzuki).

My next fishing boat will be equiped with a Mercury 4 stroke for sure.

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Randy, Check out outboards on line .com. They sell Nissan, Tohotsu,( Tohotsu makes merc`s up to 10 hp ). They have great prices, free shipping, and a fast turnaround. I just got an 18hp, Nissan from them, and I love it.

Tom R.

PS, Tohotsu is Nissan.

4. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks Tron and Tom for your replies. I took the cowl off and the engine was well placed out and reminded me of a Yamaha or Honda. Thanks again for the info! Randy

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

TRON our resident fishing expert helps out again

6. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I have a Mercury 4 stroke and love it. It is made by Yamaha for Mercury, at least my model is. Dan

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Typical Mercury 4 stroke:
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=canada053.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Typical Johnson 4 stroke:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=canada013.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron

8. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks guys for your replies...I'm planning on getting the Mercury just as soon as I get the check...Randy

9. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

WHAT LENGTH IS THE SHAFT, YEAR MODEL?

CHAD HALE
    832-368-6662

10. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

CANNOT GET YOUR EMAIL TO WORK!

YES, I AM INQUIRING ABOUT THE 20 HORSE 4 STROKE MERCURY. SEND ME A PM AND LETS DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING: LENGTH OF SHAFT, YR MODEL, ETC. THANK YOU!

CHAD HALE
    832-368-6662

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.