1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. Made in America

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Fred: from one veteran to another I also buy as much as I can made here in the U.S.A. My greatgrandfather, grandfather, father, 2 uncles also served to make this country what it is. Some people just don't understand that all the profits are going overseas. If we continue sending our money overseas pretty soon there won't be any here. Thank you for your service to our great country. Don

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I wish there were more like us in the buy American mindset. J.Woolsey

3. CATdiesel

CATdiesel TS Member

First I do agree with both of you to a point. My grandfather and his two brothers served in the Army during WWII and my father in Vietnam along with one of my uncles and they are just like you guys. But, in todays world I am torn between supporting US companies or supporting my fellow workers. With most of the big companies going overseas for cheap labor and all of the foreign companies building new plants here, which way do you go? Do you by a Chevy just because it is a US company, but it was built in Canada or Mexico or do you by a Toyota that was built here in the US by US workers? Do you line the pockets of the Rick Wagners of the US or do you help pay the wages of your fellow Americans? These are just some questions that have bothered me for many years and just wanted to ask. When I bought my Carrolla I caught alot of grief from many people, but I seen that it was assembled in California. After looking, I checked my wifes Dodge Jouney (ass. in Mexico) and my Chevy Pickup (Tag is worn but it looks like Canada). I guess I'm just asking, how does a veteran look at our manufacturing today?

Jason M

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This link has a lot of info on USA made stuff. I didn't know we had that many blue jean companies here.

HM

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

It's hard to find much of anything Made in America.

I did buy a new vacuum cleaner that said Made in America.Brand name Dyson.

Seen some peaches yesterday while in the store.Product of Chile-$3.49 a LB.

Bocephas

6. drh08

drh08 TS Member

You pose an interesting point about American made. This by no means is a statement saying American built items aren't any good either. America must compete with the rest of the world in most markets as we become more of a global economy. Business survive by producing products at a quality level and price the public wants. The idea is to have more than one company produce the same product so they compete for your business. This means they should produce a quality product at a fair price so the consumer will purchase it. The idea of a consumer purchasing an inferior product at the same or higher price just doesn't work for capitalism ( of course this assumes a fair play ground also). So yes, I say support American corporations however you can't give them a free ride with regards to price and quality, or they won't alter their business practice to make a better product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.