1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT---Lowe's Complaint

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

chock it up to bad luck or Lawyer up??

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If a report has been filed, wait and see what Lowe's does. If they don't help with expenses, call and find out why. If they won't help, tell them your next call will be to a lawyer.

Sometimes just a threat of talking to a lawyer will clear the air.

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune and wish you well. Just a note for those who don't know....Here in Allentown Pa. Lowe's gives a 10% discount if you show a military ID

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Rust will not cause tetanus. If the gash bled well and if you dressed it with an antibiotic ointment you Will be just fine. You don't mention stitches so can I assume it didn't require any? That would indicate a shallow wound that did not go past the first or second layer of skin. Those usually heal up fine. Still, if you start feeling pain, especially in the back, lungs or under your arms, go seek medical help right away and tell them you suspect MRSA.

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Just quit

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

For Shootrman: I just bought a dishwasher from Lowes that was 20% off. They still gave me another 10% off at the cash register. Home Depot also gives 10% off with a military ID here in San Antonio. Ron

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we trapshooters are called upon to solve all of life's little dilemmas...

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I would be a man and accept the fact that due to my clumsiness and my lack of attention to the surroundings, that I had wilfully entered, were the driving force that resulted in you getting your head cut.

Lowes should sue you for interupting the daily business flow and having employees clean up your blood, which may or may not have exposed them to any number of infectious diseases, and severe trama that may cause prolonged PTSD issues.

I'm sure they will not sue you and if you were half a man you wouldn't either.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mystic- I offer you my sincere sympathy for your misfortune. By the way, did you damage the shed in any way? If so, wouldn't you fee a responsibility to pay for the damage?

Pat Ireland

10. trapster100

trapster100 Member

I would duck next time.

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Don`t buy that shed , it`s too low for you !!! You might cut your head again !!!

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mystic:

There was no padding above the opening and no warning sign on display to give you a fair chance to avoid horrible injury. In addition to the physical devastation of getting scalped like that, it must have been psychologically traumatic for you. You are clearly a victim of corporate gross negligence and there is no reason you should ever have to work again after what they did to you. It is your duty as a citizen of 21st Century America to deny all personal responsibility for jamming your own head into a sharp metal object resting six inches above the plane of your eyeballs, exaggerate the results your injury, run up the medical bills, hire a scumbag attorney to punish a legitimate company for foolishly trying to do business in America, and capitalize on this golden opportunity to milk the system as a shameless parasite.

Or, you could do what all previous generations of decent people would have done -- quietly get stitched-up and accept your embarrasing blunder as a lesson to not walk around with your head up your @ss.

-Gary

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"There was no padding above the opening and no warning sign on display to give you a fair chance to avoid horrible injury."</i>

Exactly why I stamped warnings all over my guns. -- Bill Ruger

14. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Gun1357, They use to give a discount to anyone at Home Depot (In my area) with a DD214 but to many people were taking advantage of the discount so Home Depot revised their policy. At the Home Depot they only honor active or retired picture Military ID's....understandable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.