1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT, Looking for a good Black Powder forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shot410ga, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I purchased a Black Powder ball and cap pistol, just for the fun of it. Seems I've always had an urge to be "Wild Bill Hickok" Now I'm looking for a forum or site to learn how to use it. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Quite a bit of info here.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Been shooting them for years - great fun. Try the link above. Be glad to give you my input if you like.

rm

4. shot410ga

yakimaman: Thanks, very interesting site.

5. shot410ga

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Thanks for posting the site, I have been toying with the idea of getting into that too. I think the pistols are classy looking weapons. Never had one before but am now looking to buy an inexpensive one just to see if I like it or not. John

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I've owned just about all of them. Preferred the Colt style over the Remington but that was just visual appeal rather than an issue of function. 1851 Navy and the 1860 Army are hard to beat for great fun on the range. Spend a couple extra dollars and get the steel frame models as the brass frame ones won't hold up as well, resale is hard, and unless you research carefully, most are not period correct. The Dixie Gun Works catalog can be a great reference item as well. BP can be ordered on line. See link. Cap 'em up and make some smoke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.