1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Liberty Mutual?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by APrice, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APrice

APrice Active Member

After decades with Allstate, I got a quote from Liberty Mutual on homeowners, auto, motorcycles, boats, umbrella, etc. They seem to offer a lot more coverage for a whole lot less money. Seems you can find horror stories about every insurance company online. Just wondering if anyone here has any first hand experiences with Liberty Mutual to relate.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have had auto insurance policies with them during the last 15 years. Zero problems but the only claim I needed to file was for a hit and run. They lived up to their end of the deal with no BS.

Shopping for the best rates is a good idea and assuming you don't have any DUIs or your fault accidents on record you should be able to save enough money over Allstate to keep you in shotgun shells.

3. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Try Met, the least expensive here, if you have excellent credit.

4. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

I have used liberty Mutual for many years and have my house, cars, and motorhome insured by them. They have always treated me very good.
    Carl

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I bought a rental house and it had Liberty Mutual. I have had it over 20 years. Made one claim on hail and they covered it with no problems. Allstate is more expensive, Nationwide was NOT on my side, and State Farm would not pay my neighbors damage to my property.

Had autos with Allstate for decades also. Even paid for my daughters Allstate auto and homeowners insurance. Have moved all autos of them so far. Allstate was charging $75.00 every 6 months for the $100.00 per year discount on your deductible.

Sold me gap insurance and I found out 2 years later it does not give you any coverage if you paid cash for the car, which I did.

When I moved my car from the policy I ask if I would still get multi car discount since I still had the wifes car and I paid for the daughters policy also. My daughters policy was always mailed to my address but she did not live here. I was told I would but I did not. I was told so many false statements I am moving all my policies away from Allstate as I get the chance or time. I think a lot has to do with who your agent is. Ray

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ran a company that owned 14 high end body shops so I dealt with all of them Liberty was customer service oriented but they will insist on aftermarket parts on your car so be prepared ( if it is one year old or newer they wont) Would I buy from them, NO becuase there are better and cheaper ( USAA is the front runner in my book)

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Try State Farm. I would not do business with Liberty Mutual if they were the only insurance company on earth. Very poor claims service and kept my insurance company waiting for two years to settle an auto calim against their insured.
    Liberty Mutual is very unreputable and yes they finally settled completely... they just wanted us to go away. You are at risk with Liberty Mutual. Fred

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My mom had an at fault fender bender with Safeco which is a Liberty Mutual company and they doubled her insurance...she is 70 but has never had an accident before and this one was minor...not very fair considering shes been a customer of theirs for nearly 25 years

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Buy a disability policy from them but don't plan on ever needing it because unless you are a headless quadraplegic they won't pay.

10. MRMOKI

MRMOKI Member

I get an extra ten percent off of Liberty Mutual rates as a member of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. Maybe there is some affiliation discount that you could qualify for if you go with them. I have been with the since the 1980's (they acquired my account from Prudential). Fortunately, no claims. Liberty has the auto coverage feature of replacing your less than one year total loss, with the next newer model year. Great if you buy new cars, I guess. Also, lots of combined coverage discounts. While they have an online site, you can talk to humans by phone to their Phoenix office. I have used both and always get good results for my needs. They several years ago got rid of independent agents to say cost, I guess? Every time I check cost at annual renewal, Liberty is the cheapest fro my situation. May not be the case for others.

Jim Lemmons

11. mooney

mooney Member

I worked for Liberty Mutual many years go. As the competition says"Liberty Mutual; friend or foe, we pay no dough". They were a lousy company to work for and a worse company with which to be insured. They will screw you to the wall and light you on fire every chance they get,

Mooney

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

State Farm has been good to me and my wife for 30 years now. It all depends on your agent, if he will go to bat for you. Charlie Henderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.