1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. Libby Found Guilty!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby has been found guilty on four of five counts. He faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison and a fine of $1 million.

Sentencing is set for June 5th.

Be interesting to see who kicks in on the Libby (Defense Fund).

Bo

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mr. Libby was his own worst enemy on this one. Anyone working with sensitive information needs have the common sense not to talk to the media. For whatever reason Mr. Libby made the decision to run his mouth and now he has to pay the price.

Motto: "Always engage brain prior to engaging mouth....."

Ronbo

3. Bocephas

finger, here are the charges he was convicted of:

--obstruction of justice when he intentionally deceived a grand jury investigating the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame;

--making a false statement by intentionally lying to FBI agents about a conversation with NBC newsman Tim Russert;

--perjury when he lied in court about his conversation with Russert;

a second count of perjury when he lied in court about conversations with other reporters.

Libby was cleared of a count of making a false statement relating to a conversation he had with Matt Cooper, then of Time magazine.

Bo

4. Bocephas

finger,you can not be charged with perjury if you say I don't recall.
    Looks to me he had some bad legal advice,or just was the fall guy.

Bo

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

finger, the jury didn't like Martha because she is a transparent,self serving bitch who committed a crime.

Libby is just the tip of it, Dubya is the one they should be after, he ordered the leak to get back at her husband.

6. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Dubya has the power to commute a sentence and issue a pardon!

Rick

7. Bocephas

Rick,if that happens the $hit will hit the fan.

Bo

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Seems as I remember Clinton commuting three people before he left and pardon nearly an additional 100 on his way out the door.

Rick

9. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

Appeals for two years, and as a parting shot, in his last days in office the President will pardon him. Story over. Joe B.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

" Ford pardoned the biggest crook of all, Richard M. Nixon, so we will have to wait and see. I don't have any dogs in this fight but I just had to add my 2¢ worth. Sam "

Yeah,sure.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I am sure that all of us have heard or knew of a friend making a gun purchase within the last 18 months. You were not directly involved with the transaction. So let me ask you this. Say a couple of FBI agents sat you down and started asking questions about the transaction. They say that a crime may have been committed. They ask you who told you about it and when, who you told about it and when. Who told you first about it, who you told first about it. You, to the best of your recollection, answer as honestly as you can.

They go away. Later, you are called in font of a Grand Jury and are confronted with testimony from others that conflict with what you said. You say no, I don't remember it that way, I remember it this way. You are dismissed.

Later, the Prosecutor determines that there was no crime involved with the transaction, however, he indicts you for lying to the FBI and the Grand Jury. It is now your word against two other people that remember the details differently. You have to hire a lawyer to defend yourself. You go to trial. Several jurors are anti-gunners. They find you guilty of lying, not for personal gain or to absolve yourself from a crime, remember, no crime was committed by anyone according to the prosecutor, but just because your recollection of the stream of events differed from two other people. However, the Prosecutor has to justify the cost of his investigation of what turned out not to be a crime in the first place.

You will now be sharing a cell with Libby. Regardless of your political affiliation and opinion of the Bush Administration and this case, this type of prosecution can happen to you. That is scary.

12. Highpockets

Highpockets Member

Maybe it’s time to face the facts. The guy lied, misled investigators and got caught and busted. He was tried by a jury that found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt on 4 of 5 counts. The jury deliberated for 10 days. Clinton was not on the jury. You sound like the criminals you usually hate, “he was framed” it’s “payback for the Clinton impeachment” etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. Guess what, the guy is a felon. He committed a felony act and was convicted of it in the world's best criminal justice system. Why aren't you asking who's dirty work he was doing or who he was protecting with his lies and deception?

13. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Bush pardons him - then he writes a book:

"What I would have said...if I had actually said what I hadn't said."

14. Bocephas

JBrooks,That is scary.

Although compulsory confessions will not constitute admissable evidense unless suspects have been made aware of and waived their"Miranda-Rights"

A high school drop out would know this,let alone a lawyer.

He is the fall guy,just like the Mafia.

If he gets time, his family will be taken care of.

I bet he walks.

These guys in Washington,both sides make Teflon Don look good.

Bo

15. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

And if no pardon maybe he rolls over, then the real fun begins. Hell just when you thought they ran out of Bush rats to jail they get another one ,theres just no end to the fun.

16. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

deckart/idiotjohn/sammie;

Speaking of not even close and dumb, did any of your students write a book on your failings, since you had so many? How many thousands did you do a dis-service too? Did the American public learn the whole truth of your failings?

17. Paladin

And speaking of rats, mrs rat is about to step into it over her head. The woman has more skeletons in her closet the mr rat. She doesn't have a clue what is ahead of her. The fun has, just begun!

18. Paladin

George thinks the same of you.

It's just the facts, no lies, and you know it.

19. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

sammie, Your John Dean paragraph is unfortunately correct. The shocking part is it's so blatantly obvious. The deaths are bad enough but so much of the money is unaccounted for.

20. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Bo---
    "Although compulsory confessions will not constitute admissable evidense unless suspects have been made aware of and waived their"Miranda-Rights" "

Libby was interviewed by the FBI about who told who what when. HE WAS NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION. He was not a suspect. He was prosecuted solely because there was no crime committed by anyone but the prosecutor needed prosecute someone to justify the $millions he wasted.

This is why we all should be worried. The government can prosecute you for perjury just because your story doesn't match some one elses. EVEN WHEN NO CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.