1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT.. LG Dare cell phone

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I had one for a week and returned it. I didn't like it. A phone should be a phone. With the Dare, you have to look at the screen and push the numbers -with no sense of touch like you do on a keypad. Also when answering a call, you can't just flip open the cover and talk.
    Also, I found every time I accidentally touched the screen, something would change, and I would lose whatever I was doing. Also the size is not conducive to holding and talking, and it doesn't store conveniently in your pocket.
    I would get a flip phone, possibly with a QWERTY keyboard if you want to use the internet and email a lot.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I bought one and after about 2 hours of trying to get it all set up and getting used to it, I took it back. My Blackberry does everything I need and while I thought I wanted the touch face phone...I didn't like it.

JON

3. Dickgshot

Do you mean more comments from the two of us, or comments from more people?

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

After those two negitive posts with all the things wrong with it, I would think that if you buy the Dare phone you just wanted to show off that you have the latest in new phones???? Ziggy

5. Dickgshot

I knew I did the right thing taking it back because the salesman at the Verizon store said I was the only person who had bought one and didn't like it.

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Awesome! Can't complain one bit. It is a great phone, excellent camera, and I get awesome reception. Granted, I am a bit more familiar with some of today's technologies and didn't find it difficult to use. Can't recommend this phone enough!
    -Trappy

7. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Wife has one and loves it, but it is not for me. I like real buttons to push, maybe i'm old school. I text a lot and find it easier to text with qwerty buttons than a touch screen. JD

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Trying to buy just a basic cell phone today is impossible. I just want a cell phone that works like my landline phone does.

Eric

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Just read the thread about the Jitterbug cell phone. Seems perfect for those who just want a basic cell phone with no frills.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.