1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Itunes help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mike G, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

Got a new computer recently and want to move my itunes library, play lists and apps to new computer off old computer, what is the easiest and simplest way to do this?

Mike

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

How about download to a flash/thumb drive then upload to the new comp. Maybe you could connect them via a firewire or USB connection and drag & drop from old to new?

Eric

3. Mike G

Mike G Member

4. Herman63

Herman63 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JamqH8TXkac

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Buy DRM free content and just copy it over the network or with an external drive. I don't like being tethered to an "i" anything through an "i" something program. Made that decision back when they told me the music files I "purchased" weren't really mine to use as I normally would. Couldn't even back up the files to my server or NAS without jumping through hoops. For me it is now standard or universal file formats without DRM or other restrictions.

The video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JamqH8TXkac) shows one way to do it, but it is displayed on a MAC. The process is similar for a Windows machine, but may not be so simple going from MAC to Windows or vice versa.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The easy way is to use a USB portable (thumb) drive. You can get them at 4G cheap, 8G a little more. might have to do a few shots depending on how many files you have.

Put them on the drive, take out and plug into the new puter, take them off.

Might be a good time to organize them.

I just took the hard drive out of my old computer and added it to the new one, had to buy a 7 dollar plug adaptor.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.