1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - It was a good day.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by handlepuller, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

It was a good day yesterday. My son and I went up to work on our food plots.

Heard geese, pheasants, sandhill cranes, turkeys and grouse.

Saw pheasants, turkeys and deer.

Found a dozen morels and ate them for a snack.

Spent half a day with my little man in the woods, talking, looking and learning.

Fantastic.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

That is a great day!

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

handlepuller,

You are so right!!!!,dont ya wish you had more days like that.
    Im sure we all do.

Sandy Holehouse.

4. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Those memories that you are creating with your son will last a lifetime. Thank you for sharing. Kim

5. Landshark

Landshark Member

Sounds like a great time. Good for you!

6. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Handlepuller I am glad that you found time from your busy time to be able to do those things with your son. Too many people in your professional business don't have time for their children. Those are times that you and your son will never forget. I see where Bigbill has his trap squad now but don't have time to shoot. :)

Dave

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, how are ya?

I think Big Bill has a plan, but I do wish he wouldn't work so much so he could get out and shoot that new K-80 he's got. We always seem to say "maybe next year."

Life sure does get busy sometimes. I feel very fortunate to have a place to be able to go and get out in the woods some. Try to instill some of that outdoorsman type drive in my son.

Take care!

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Handpuller,

Good for you! Most of us have fantastic memories shared with our dad! Cherish them, time flies by and soon your son will pass on what you teach him.

I now have the honor of wakeing my new family and "step kids" up to nature, hunting and trapshooting. They never noticed the ducks, geese the pheasants! They were techno freaks. They are still techno freaks, but now they know there are 22 different ducks in MN. They see them and the deer, turkeys, pheasants. They hear the sounds and have awakened to a new world, not under their radar before. They notice wildlife, enjoy the sunrises and sunsets and sit until last light listening to the world, Outside. Keep up the good work, there are far too few days to spend alone. Thanks for sharing!
    Primedust.
    It's wonderful. Time to start with the grandchildren next!

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Handlepuller I guess I am not doing to bad for a 80 year old trapshooting fool!! I am getting ready for the Illinois State Shoot, have a lot of shells to load before I can shoot. Are you coming over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.