1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Is Anyone Taking ZOCOR?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Johnny One Time, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny One Time

Johnny One Time TS Member

Hi Folks,

I was wondering: first, if anyone on the site is taking ZOCOR for high cholesterol and second, if it has affected your memory in any way. I have been taking it for awhile and now I can't always remember simple things I should do (running errands, etc). Also, I cannot seem to find the right words to carry on a normal conversation. I was always good at remembering names (friends, movie actors, sports figures) but that is a thing of the past. I know age may have something to do with this but...I wonder how much.

Merry Christmas to you and all the best in 2008.

Bye Folks,

Hank

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Hank, Yes I take Zocor and have a bad memory and all this time I thought it was just old age.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

I can't remember whether I ever took Zocor or not.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yes I take it also. Have been on it for a little over 4 years. I used to be a whiz at trivia games but not so hot anymore, but I don't know if I can blame that on Zocor. I know one thing I blame on it though, is my strength! I can't pick up a damn thing heavy anymore.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I took Zocore several years ago and had all of your symptoms so I stopped taking it. I then tried several other similar drugs with the same side affects. I've now been taking Lescol for about 4 years with no problems. My cholesterol went from 210 down to 107 and has stabilized there. Ask your doctor about it

Ed Yanchok

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Hank, Uh, Uh, Uh, what was the question again? I have to check my drivers license to leave a name.

7. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

I also took Zocor for about 4 years until I started suffering from muscle pains that increased in severity. Have been on several different meds since, but finally settled on Pravachol. Lowered my total cholesterol and so far no side effects. Can't remember is I have memory loss, though. LOL

Mike

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

What was the question again please?

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes, I take it but I can't remember why!

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If Im correct Lipitor and Zocor are in the same family. Zocor has blood pressure as well as cholestrol med in it. Lipitor has been known to cause muscular problems. A girl I work with husband has severe problems caused by taking Lipitor for a long time.

If you have any problems talk to your Doc. quick.

Gerald

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have been on Zocor for about 3 years with no problems. I did not have a high cholesterol problem but my good cholesterol number was low. My good cholesterol has improved and the overall numbers are about 190 or below.

Zocor is available as a generic and 30 tablets cost me $5. Lipitor is not available as a generic yet.

12. Johnny One Time

Thank those of you who are responding with serious answers. Too bad the one's who think they are funny can't go through these same problems to experience what it's like. Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Hank

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I've taken it for two years now, 60mg and I seem to have the same memory and strength problems mentioned above.

Jim

14. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

My mother was on Zocor for 10 years. She was one step from a wheel chair and a nursing home. Her doc was blaming the muscle aches and joint pains on artheritis and covering them up with Viox and Tylenol. She stopped Zocor, her comment was that was that a heart attack was preferable to way she felt. Five years later at 86 , she is out and on the go, still living at home, and no walker, canes, or wheel chairs. She looked ten years younger after stopping Zocor, it took her about a year to fully recover. I did a bunch of research on cholesterol drugs (STATINS) and dropped Lipitor like a hot potato, I was headed down the same path as my mother.

Go to "www.spacedoc.net", this site has a lot of information on these drugs and their side effects. Spacedoc is a retired military flight surgeon and former NSA astronaut.

Merry Christmas to everyone on TS. com

Gayle

15. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Took Zocor for a couple of years and while I didn't have any memory problems I had the muscle and joint pains pretty bad. Told the Cardiologist and he took me off it and on to Crestor. Haven't had any problems yet.
    Bill

16. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Gayle
    Please tell me what you are using now,I would be most interested.
    Thanks
    Glenn

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

When I had a stent placed in July of 2004, the cardiologist prescribed a bunch of drugs and Zocor among them. I immediately developed a backache from Hell and my family doctor switched me to something else - Lipitor, maybe - that does the same thing.

I never noticed any memory loss but then my memory has always been very good, just a little short.

I can give you guys and gals with cholesterol problems a tip that really works. My numbers weren't really ugly but my triglycerides were 450-something. My doctor told me to take Omega-3 fish oil and Niacin. I took 4,000MG of Niacin and 4,000MG of fish oil every day and in six months, my total cholesterol was 100! No bull - I did nothing else! I'm still taking the Niacin and fish oil and my numbers are still good.

Ed

18. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry for the misinformation. The drug that I take for elevated cholesterol is called Lescol.

Ed Yanchok

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Don't sweat it Bisi baby! I'm sure you probably don't have anything heavy to pick up anyway.....at least, not below belt level!

20. Johnny One Time

If I may be permitted - Hipshot, do you have to work at being an asshole or does it come natural? Either way, you're perfect!

Night Folks,

HH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.