1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) Iowa 20 - Wisconsin 10........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Just in case my friends from Wisconsin haven't heard.

Iowa wins 20-10 and goes to 7-0 to be all alone at the top of the Big 10.

That's a heck of a deal for us Iowegians.

Good hard fought game on both sides. Both teams like to get into the trenches and just play football. Rock'em sock'em and all that good stuff.

Very few penalties on either team. Great game Badgers.

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Hauxfan, I'm glad to hera thatIowa one yet again. I watched part of the game and aftet the whippin Wisconsim took last week they were tough for the first half and Iowa was sluggish. Go Iowa, Illinoisan thats a fan

3. Hauxfan

Thanks Bruce. Iowa always seems to have one sluggish half.

From what I read a little bit this morning, some of our players had the flu earlier in the week, but..........according to them, that was not going to be an excuse for them.

It's like they changed personality's at half time and came out and really played football the way it was meant to be played.

Hauxfan!

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

Iowa looks like the best team in the big ten. I live in Ohio and a Buckeye
    fan. I am dissapointed in our puny offense. I am not looking forward to Ohio
    State playing Iowa. John

5. Hauxfan

Ohio is always good, but this year, they don't look as good. I was really shocked when Purdue beat them Saturday. I never would have guessed it.

This Saturday, Iowa plays Michigan State and they are always dangerous to play. Plus, it is a 0600pm night game.

Hauxfan!

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Would enjoy watching Iowa kick some USC butt

7. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

Iowa is a very confusing team this year.

Looking at their season collectively, it is pretty hard to argue that they are a not top 10 team at 7-0.

Looking at their games individually, I have not seen a top 10 team playing those games.

Anyway, it's a testament to good defense & special teams. This may be Iowa's best shot ever for the title.

8. Hauxfan

jjv1234, You aren't the only one to be confused about how Iowa plays.

Since Coach Ferentz has been here, we never blow anyone out, and we hardly ever get blown out.

We seem to play down to our competition or up to our competition. It's been that way since Ferentz has arrived at Iowa. It can be frustrating at times, but overall, it has served us well.

Our coach does not ever believe in piling it on as some of the other teams have been known to do.

That is one of the reasons we don't get rated as high too. You look at someone we should blow out, but end up just barely beating them and the pollsters think, wow, Iowa isn't very good.

But on the other hand, we went into Penn St. and Wisconsin and won. Not by a large margin, but still we won.

As long as no one gets hurt, that is the main thing. It's only a game.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.