1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Inside waistband tuckable holsters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Been looking for a good IWB tuckable holster. With out the big goddy plastic clip thing. I found this but with out touching it im not sure.

Left hand draw S&W 4013tactical 9 round 40 cal.

2. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Good luck, I've tried a couple and none work well. Your shirt will be tucked in nicely all the way around, except for the spot where the holster is. There it will be messed up and obvious.

The one you posted looks like it would be fine, allowing you to tuck your shirt in perfectly. But I have to believe it would be uncomfortable and cause you to perspire. You might look into a good ankle holster instead. cls

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I may order and try.

4. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

If you want an IWB holster do yourself a favor and get a Milt Sparks.

hubcap

5. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I carry either a Taurus 24/7 (.40SW) or an EAA Witness(.45ACP) I use an Uncle Mikes size 15 inside the belt holster. I either wear an old baseball jersey or a long jacket depending on the weather. Anything inside the belt is going to show through a shirt. Not to mention accessibility issues with a tucked in shirt. IMHO, wear something loose or go with an ankle holster. Just my $0.02

Good luck,

Shawn

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Milt Sparks Versmax is one of the first tuckable designs and is still the best and of course Sparks quality is excellent. The holster you're looking at is a belly band holster, I guess you could call it tuckable but it's not really in that class. If you tuck your shirt around a belly band you will have to unbutton or untuck your shirt to get to your gun, not exactly speedy.

I've found the Sparks Summer Special to do everything I need to do.

7. mobear

mobear Member

About the only true tuckable iwb holster is from galco, the part that holds the clip is a seperate piece, and has a reverse clip so that very little is visible on the belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.