1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ot/input on ruger mini 30

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Straight99, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Rapid fire 3-4" is about right. Slow fire (one every minute) will get down to 1 and 1/2" even with good factory or reloads. Something seems to move with heat. I have been trying to find out what but have not been sucessful. Maybe someone else might know. Glenn

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

If you have "a chance of picking one up at a good price", go for it.

If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend you try to find a Saiga 7.62x39.

3. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Reliable but if you want acuracy you had better pass, AR's are much better but also more $

4. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

I had two of em for a number of years. They were fairly accurate with ammo that I constructed. They were especially good at putting many accurate shots into a target quickly. Good thing tho as they proved to be poor deer killers taking repeat shots to put em down and keep em down. Maybe a dozen or so deer with that caliber by me. Prob am just more used to larger and faster calibers. I went to a coupla short barrelled 788's for short range deer in .308. I now keep a .30 carbine for fun shooting purposes, its so much like the mini but lighter and shorter, more fun to shoot and could kill a deer or a pig if you got lucky. I would vote for a carbine with military experience, put a bayonet on it tho for back-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.