1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Information on Automatic Knife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cementman, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

Purchased a automatic knife over 25 years ago, could 30 + years. Knife is marked on blade "Hubertus Solingen" with additional writing "Rostfrei Geschmiedet - W. Germany", bone handled. Question value of this knife, almost as new, never sharpened. Picture posted as follows:

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view&current=IMG_0560.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one a little smaller,about 3 3/4 inches, yours look to be about 4 1/4". I paid $65 for mine. Mine also is a hubertus. It's a very good German knife. Possibly owned by Krieghoff or some other affliation with them. I would suspect you would be worth +or- $125 to $150. I have somewhere around 30 automatic or switchblades. Bulge.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Solingen is fabulous steel, takes an edge quickly and holds it a long time. I have a couple of knives with Solingen steel and look for that marking when I buy another. Bill Malcolm

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Solingen is the city the knife was made in not a type of steel. Hubertus is the maker. Solingen is the cutlery capital of Germany. During the Third Riech period there were over a hundred different edge weapon makers just to meet the demands for dagger and sword production for the Nazi Party. Some of those makers are still in operation today such as Boker,Wusthof and Henckels.

I paid about $85.00 for a automatic like the one pictured some tears ago and still have it.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

The ""Rostfrei" you mentioned above is "rustfree" or "stainless". Whiz is absolutely right Solingen is a City.Puma is another manufacturer that is still around since the "Big One".Bulge.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Aren't these knives illegal?

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a couple of Hubertus knives and one similar to yours. They run about $150 and are great blades. Keep it clean and use a light oil very sparingly on moving parts and your great-grandchildren will love your knife!

There are a few places like NYC and Boston where the local law enforcement might object, however if you stay out of knife fights (always bring a gun...), you should not have any problems....

Bob Schultz

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I have a book on the laws of these knives.They are not illegal to own but most Cities forbid the carrying of these weapons. Bulge.

9. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

SUPRISE!!!!! They are not legal in Kalifornia. (PenalCode 12020(c)(13).) Along with all the other good stuff. No wonder we don't have any crime in Kalifornia. All the bad guys would not dare break any laws.... JIM

10. cls

cls Member

Solingen is indeed a type of steel. And it originally came from the German town of Solingen.

And switchblades are illegal in about half of all US states. cls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hubertus solingen rostfrei geschmiedet
hubertus solingen rostfrei geschmiedet germany

hubertus solingen rostfrei geschmiedet w germany

hubertus solingen rostfrei knife

hubertus solingen rostfrei w germany switchblade
hubertus solingen rostfrei west germany switchblade knife

rostfrei geschmiedet w-germany

switchblade automatic hubertus