1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--Industrialization and Economics...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wdr-NY, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

The conservative Financial Times posted this article this morning. This piece underscores my earlier post in response to Brooks' "...economic doomsayers".

China will take over the world lead in manufacturing from the United States some time in 2009--4 years earlier than originally predicted. The reason, you ask? The weakening U.S. economy.

Walker

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Walker,

I think JBrooks was talking about something else he didn't know anything about when he was the instigator in the exchange on the other thread, but like sand in the hour glass ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Walker, the United States has had its day in the sun...and now, since we're rich and don't feel the need to work hard, others have eclipsed us. We should be figuring out how to make and sell - to China - high quality, technology-intensive stuff that they're going to need for all that manufacturing they're going to do. The question is...once China and India have gotten rich like us - and decided that $100 an hour isn't enough for someone building cars...who's going to make anything? Who knows? By that point we might be hungry enough to do it for $75.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Voolife, I couldn't agree more we can no longer build product in this country. You can thank excessive saleries and compensation packages and the over zealous environmentalist for that. What we need to do is train our upcoming work force to design new technologies and products and repair those products when they are imported to our country. There will always be a country whos people are hungry and willing to work for far less than we do. China will go the way that we and Japan have.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Have you seen the smog in China? They don't have an EPA or OSHA for that matter.

6. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

A product made in the U.S. that in my opinion is the best made in the world ---

My Mother's cornbread

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

And yet another reason NOT to vote for any Democraps...their rightious Kyoto Treaty (with full blessing of the EPA) would set our manufacturing and factories farther back then they are now. China and India have refused to sign on (and never will) but we get stuck with those morons Pelosi and Reed who want everybody green...have them go tell that to the world's largest polluter China and see where it gets them. We are our own worst enemy. Maybe those two fools could review China's and India's immigration policy too to learn how it should be done.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Hubcap. please submit a sample of moms cornbread to the address below, I'll be the judge of how good it is. LOL

9. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Ask yourselves why we don't/won't enforce our borders. Because we can't support even the meager service economy we have without dirt cheap labor from Mexico. Meanwhile, we support an enormous population of "unemployed" with transfers of wealth (tax dollars) from the productive to the non-productive. We'd better get our collective head out of our ass shortly here, people. -JW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.