1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Improving Airline Security

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dmarbell, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have a suggestion to improve airline security. Ban all carryons, except for women's purses and computers. We could then concentrate on screening real threats, and scanning checked luggage.

We could somehow, though this seems un-American, impose a fine on airlines that lose someone's luggage. That would give them incentive not to lose luggage.

Scanning of carryons has to take a lot of security time away from the real issues.

Would anyone fly if you had to adhere to this rule?

Danny

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

banning all but womens purses.....I see lawsuits lol

3. Frank C

does that mean allowing only women to carry on purses? Or will gays with purses by allowed....

are the allowed computers women's computers only?

4. Mpedersen

Mpedersen TS Member

The solution is simple. Profile.

Mark Pedersen

5. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

How many of the terrorists were middle aged Jewish guys from the suburbs like me?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I want to do the strip searches!

HM

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

OK HM do do the guys and I'll do the women!

8. Frank C

HM, be careful what you wish for....
    [​IMG]

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Gee, I thought that you were talking about the new required uniforms for air travelers. You know, it is a hospital gown and a Depends.

10. Smiley

Smiley Member

You know if the FAA had of heeded what the Israeli's did after their hijacking problems with the PLO in the 70's.That is told the pilots that they are locked in the cockpit and they do not open the door for anything with out ascertaining any apparant threat and if there is any threat to immediately return to Israel so that potential hijackers could be dealt .Then perhaps 9/11 could of been prevented as there would have been no access to take over the controls of the plane.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

A few years ago two Chechan female terrorists blew a Russian plane up in flight. Just wondering what would the volume of the PETN the underwear bomber used look like? If it could be fashioned into any feminine hygiene product, there is no such thing as airline security, unless all women must use TSA approved products & wear them prior to boarding any flight. Just imagine the furor over this !!! But this is a real issue.

Phil Berkowitz

12. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

A plate of bacon at the door of every airliner. Everybody eats a piece or they don't fly. Its not the carry ons or the liquids or the boxcutters or the shoes or the underwear , its the fanatic muslim terrorists stupid. Just like gun control, its not the guns its the criminals.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Headsup, good idea. HOw soon would the peaceful non bomber Musims who couldn't fly go crying to the ACLU?

I still like it though.

HM

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The bacon thing won't work. There are other religions that forbid eating any meat that comes from a pig.

Eric

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

dmarbell,,,,I would like it and if I don't have my computer is what I usually do,,,,you also have to get the airlines to STOP charging for baggage....

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>> A plate of bacon at the door of every airliner. Everybody eats a piece or they don't fly.

Add some eggs and pancakes, and I'm in.

17. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

bigdogtx,

I think the airlines would have more than enough reduction in expenses to be able to stop charging for bags.

This is a fairly serious idea. Haven't you ever been in line at security thinking, "why do people have to travel with all their belongings on the plane with them?"

It would speed up security, boarding and deplaning.

We need to take REAL steps towards securing airliners and airports. The police walking around making sure you don't stay parked at the curb too long are doing nothing, in my opinion. Don't you think I could drive a car through the glass doors of the airport terminals and set off a bomb if that was my intention?

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.