1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ If You Like Airplanes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by willing, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willing

willing Member

Thanks Jim Great pictures.

Bill

2. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Not only gereat pictures but very interesting commentary as well!
    Don't miss the link.

3. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

NICE!!.....A few weeks ago we had an air show with the Blue Angels headlining at McConnell AFB in Wichita. I work at Cessna Components Mfg Facility and we sit on the North end of the runway. I came out of a meeting and was walking across the parking lot when an F-16 made a high-speed pass across the base during practice and over the plant at about 2-300ft. I looked up and he went straight up right over me!! I was literally looking up the exhaust. He later made a few passes with a P-51 on his wing and that was cool to see as well. Being where we are located, we get to see some pretty neat stuff from the AFB!

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Great pictures!! Makes me want to get back into flying.

I heard that after the war you could purchase a new P-38, or a new Thunderbolt for a $1,000 right from the factory. Don't know if that was true or not, but wouldn't you like to have a few now.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

good stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.