1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: ICE ROAD TRUCKERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

At this time, I would like to take a few moments to complain about what I feel is the worst TV program in History, Ice Road Truckers. I used to really enjoy the History channel, but now they seem to be filling all of their air time with a truly assinign television program, during prime time to boot.

OK, how can they make an entire season's worth of episodes about overweight truck drivers tooling around on a frozen lake? **YAWN** Look, I've driven my cars, trucks, snowmobiles and even motorcycles on frozen lakes and let me tell ya, it's not THAT exciting!

Stupid, BORING and dumb.

Tron

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If you watch it with the sound off you'll be even more bored beyond belief. It's the narration that has a sense of urgency and danger that carrys the pictures.

Eric

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

About as exciting as the DNC,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Some of these truckers make driving on ice sound like the most dangerous, manly, macho, livelihood on the planet. In my mind it is waaay down the list of danger.

Good grief.

Arnie

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Most scary job; sitting in front of a computer screen every day wondering what went wrong in your life that caused it. Sometimes I think I will explode into a ball of flames from the boredom.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

A few chain saws, and torches....we could make it a WHOLE LOT more exciting...whatcha think Tron?

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

That was the film crew that got runoff at the Grand, AJ. LOL

8. Tron

Devil, you are soooooo right about "DOG". He's a Jackass. On the otherhand, the program "How It's Made" is one of my favorites. You can learn a bunch from that show.....it moves along quickly and even some of the most mundane products are actually interesting to see how they are made.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's kind of like having poker on ESPN. A bunch of fat guys sitting around a table pretending that poker is a sport. What a joke.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

And they say trapshooting is boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tron, I finally agree with you..

11. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Tron...............I AGREE!!!!!! sick of seeeing it on an interesting channel. hell.....I am even watching the DNC...!!$%%$&*****

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

What about those Deadliest Catch shows, and that moron who puts himself in the middle of the desert "alone" and eats live lizard gizzards 'n such.

Really for me it's all the endless copycat spin offs of marginally good original ideas. They all end up looking the same, and boring.

Speaking of How Its Made, I will admit in the safety of this supportive and caring forum, that I used to love it when Mr. Rogers took a tour through a factory to show us how things were made. Factories and manufacturing machinery are cool! Maybe the Rogers character had some real man in him after all??? Fess up Mr. Tron man... did you ever watch too?

Guy Babin

13. Tron

Guy, I've even met Fred Rogers. He was EXACTLY like he was on TV, no $hit.

Joe

14. Tron

Screw you Jerry (is that better?).

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

DNC....large collection of small thinkers. The Clintons.....Arkansas trash.
    Obama....inexperienced, inept and a liar. MIchelle Obama.... Joe Biden......bed pan with a mouth.
    Jimmy Carter....major goober head.

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Tron - (I agree for once).

I made this exact same statement today at coffee. It just *might* be more enjoyable with the sound off or on another channel; maybe the Military Channel.

I enjoyed (for a short time) Ax Men, but I understand the History Channel is considering airing a new 12-week series on Cab Drivers, followed by Pharmacists, or maybe it was Parmacist Cab Drivers... I just don't remember.

Whiz

17. Bridger

Bridger Member

Between ice road truckers and beach volley ball tv has sucked this summer. I liked the History Channel a lot better when it was the "All Hitler, all the time" channel.

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I won't watch womens beach volleyball since they rejected my app to be the Sand Removal and Wedgie Tech

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Hopefully, some of these "reality" shows have run their course, because they don't hold the viewers' attention.

That stated, I've been a big fan of the "Deadliest Catch" series. If you've ever been on a small ship (destroyer, frigate, ocean-going tug), you can relate to the problems with ship-handling in bad weather. It also gives one an appreciation for people who go to work to supply consumers with products, while tasting delicious, are necessary for human survival. (Ah, the free market at work!)

While fantastical, and somewhat artsy, the movie "The Perfect Storm" shows what the Gloucester fishermen face on their jobs, and the risks that the Coasties and Zoomies take to rescue folks who get in trouble.

Best,
    Dennis

20. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

While I agree wholeheartedly about the program, you fellahs ought to go easy on fat guys. While I am skinny as a rail, I can't turn around at a trap tournament without bumping into an obese shooter. We are famous for that. And, they are all excellent shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.